les miserables 2/11 review

#1les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/11/07 at 8:42pm

i just got back from the 3pm performance of les miserables! the whole cast was on today- no underdstudies and i was simply BLOWN away. i saw it back in previews and didn't really like it but decided to give it a second chance and im so glad i did!

alexander gemignani- all i can say is wow wow wow wow wow! he blew everyone away and his " bring him home" was a tear jerker and a crowd pleaser.

ali ewoldt- an AMAZING cosette! you could def. see the chemistry with her and adam jacobs who plays marius.

now for who we all want to her about. ms. daphne rubin vega- this was all the crowd was talking about during intermission and a lot of people were making fun of her and how bad she was. people were mimicking her singing and screaching. she was MUCH better now than she was in november, but still im happy she's leaving!

celia bolger- an okay eponine; in my opinion over- rated. all she kept doing was running around the stage like a crazy person grabbing people for no reason.

gary beach- HILARIOUS! thats all.

adam lazaar- good; not great. his " red and black" was great!

all in all the show was amazing. i did SRO but after 30 minutes the usher let me and the 2 of my friends and others sit in orchestra right row j. AMAZING SEATS!

im so glad i saw it again and gave it another chance and for $21.25 i couldn't beat it!

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#2re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/11/07 at 8:44pm

good review...but you posted 2 threads on it

#2re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/11/07 at 8:44pm

im sorry; i double clicked.

bohemianxsunshine Profile Photo
bohemianxsunshine
#3re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/11/07 at 8:54pm

I think Gary Beach is hilarious at any role her takes, such as Lumiere and Roger from the Producers. He's amazing.

theatre major, class of 2011 ♥
MARIAN: Well, what would you like to take out?
HAROLD HILL: The librarian.
MARIAN: Quiet, please!
HAROLD HILL: (whispering)The librarian.

I would like to invite you to Voices for Rent! The Official Rent fanbase! Come and join your fellow RENTheads!

#4re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/11/07 at 9:40pm

true.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#5re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/11/07 at 9:49pm

If Celia is crazy, then she's more like the book Eponine. re: les miserables 2/11 review

Which kids did you see, and what did you think?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

#6re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/11/07 at 9:57pm

i saw...
Brian D'Addario- cute and funny
Kylie Liya Goldstein- weak, could barely hear her, but cute.

littlemanlevine Profile Photo
littlemanlevine
#7re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/11/07 at 10:06pm

no. you didn't see d'addario. you saw JAcob Levine. how do i know, do you ask? i'm him. jacob Levine. in person.

to know the kid rotation schedule, (which sometimes can be incorrect) check the fine print in the playbill under the names and characters listing

KQuill Profile Photo
KQuill
#8re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 2:49am

lol

#9re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 7:08am

um ok.

p.s.
#10re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 8:26am

If Celia is crazy, then she's more like the book Eponine.

I love Celia's Eponine. She seems to me to be portraying Eponine as two steps up from Anybodys, Tomboy of West Side Story, rather than a half-step down from Cosette. ( I think Eponine is slightly younger than Cosette -- and remember, she (at least when wrapped in her overcoat) does get mistaken for a boy). Celia is perfect.

p.s. Hail Celia
Magbigay galang Lea

pps: Please, somebody kindly correct my Tagalog if the expression is used incorrectly. Thanks.

Zeitoujo
#11re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 1:19pm

i think celia is over-rated.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

Zeitoujo
#12re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 1:19pm

i think celia is over-rated.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

KQuill Profile Photo
KQuill
#13re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 2:04pm

or maybe you just don't see what other people see in her.

RevolutionaryCostume Profile Photo
RevolutionaryCostume
#14re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 2:07pm

I think it's both re: les miserables 2/11 review

~Jacob.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#15re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 2:10pm

p.s.,

Amen! HAIL CELIA!

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

littlemanlevine Profile Photo
littlemanlevine
#16re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 8:51pm

seriously. look at my icon. how could i get a picture like that without being him. this was taken at 890 broadway where we rehearsed for a while.

LizzieCurry
#17re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 8:53pm

I believe you!

Your icon's really tiny, though!

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#18re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 10:42pm

Hi Jacob! Saw you a few weeks ago and you rocked.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#19re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 11:46pm

Hey Jacob! I've seen the show four times now and saw you three out of four times. You're amazing! And a lot of fun to meet at the stagedoor as well. Do you ask everyone where they're from?

Great pic, by the way, but how come one of the girls is missing? The pic is too tiny to tell for sure but if I had to guess I think it is Carly who is missing. Am I right?

Will you be on this Sunday? I'm going for Daphne's last (pout!). Hope to see you then!

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

MovieGuy1031
#20re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 11:48pm

NJRae,

Have you seen Nikki Renee Daniels perform yet? I'm dying to know how she is... all i've heard is that she was a phenomenal Belle...

- Eeyore

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#21re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/12/07 at 11:57pm

No, sadly I have not. I may try to go during the week and a half she is on in between Daphne leaving and Lea arriving. Up till now I was just trying to see Daphne before she left, so intentionally did not go the day I knew Daphne was going to be out. I have heard she is really good though. And I've met her a couple of times . . . she was very nice!

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

MovieGuy1031
#22re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/13/07 at 12:03am

I'd love to see her perform, but, alas, living 10 hours away I can't just up and go see the show. Next time I make it to the city will probably be in May to see Lea as Fantine, which, as my Signature signifies, I am SUPER excited to see.

I recently became an avid Miss Saigon fan, and, along with it, have found an endless well of appreciation for Lea Salonga!

- Eeyore

sarbear2
#23re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/13/07 at 12:18pm

While I'm not sure who "adam lazaar" is, I do know that Aaron Lazar is absolutely fantastic as Enjolras.

God is dead. Shit lives.

LizzieCurry
#24re: les miserables 2/11 review
Posted: 2/13/07 at 12:44pm

I was wondering who'd be the first to say something about that one... re: les miserables 2/11 review

Videos