Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?

Yankeefan007
#1Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 7:57am

They're reporting on the "other" board that The Adventures of Tom Sawyer/Veronica Mars/Reefer Madness star Kristen Bell has signed on to star in Xanadu (obviously playing the lead role).

Any truth in that rumor? Interesting choice if it is....

Updated On: 2/16/07 at 07:57 AM

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#2re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 8:44am

I would see her in anything... including this.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

shesamarshmallow
#2re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 10:14am

I guess it'll depend on her faith that Veronica Mars won't be cancelled. Honestly, I'd rather see her in Xanadu. (And that's coming from someone with a Veronica Mars sn. I mean, it's still good this season, but Kristen Bell back on Broadway is too good a prospect to pass on...)

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

MissNY
#3re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 10:43am

Xanadu starts in April so she may be able to open the show and do a limited run before filming for the next season of VM starts (assuming its renewed)

BSoBW2
#4re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 10:43am

For HER, I'll see it.

Heh. ROMEO AND JULIET just came on.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#5re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 10:49am

But will it open in time for the Tony deadline...

Wait and see.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#6re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 11:15am

How can she play the title role if Xanadu is not actually a role? Anyway, I do like her and believe she could be a very good fit as Kira.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#7re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 11:15am

who is she?

That Soap Opera Guy's daughter?

HollyImposter
#8re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 12:21pm

"I do like her and believe she could be a very good fit as Kira."

Hahaha

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#9re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 12:26pm

re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?

"who is she?

That Soap Opera Guy's daughter?"

She's the lead on the CW's Veronica Mars.
She starred in Showtime's REEFER MADNESS and in the horror flick Pulse.
She was in the short-lived THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER. on Bway.

I'd love to see her on Broadway, but that would most likely mean the end of Veronica Mars, which would depress me.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 2/16/07 at 12:26 PM

Danielm
#10re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 12:34pm

She was also in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC in LA. Granted, she played Fredrica and the role was double cast but she was very good.

Yes, we do need a third vampire musical.--Little Sally, Gypsy of the Year 2005.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#11re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 12:40pm

She was in the short-lived Adventures of Huck Finn on Bway.

It was THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#12re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 12:41pm

Saw her in DC in NIGHT MUSIC. She has a gorgeous voice. I can totally see this happening. She has a better voice that SJP.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#13re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 12:42pm

I remember she sanh at the Emmy's once and was great.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#14re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 12:48pm

Yes, Its on THAT site we can't speak of.

Type in Kristen Bell

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 2/16/07 at 12:48 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#15re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 1:04pm

can she skate?

cabarethed
#16re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 1:11pm

She was also in the recent revival of The Crucible. I love Kristen Bell (obviously <----), and would love to see her do anything on Broadway.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#17re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 1:44pm

Would her name really sell tickets to this show? If this is true, I find this to be very strange casting...assuming that her name would be above the title.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#18re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 1:49pm

Why would it be strange, WAT? She has a long background in theatre and can sing very well.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

shesamarshmallow
#19re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 1:49pm

Well, I know there are at least about 20,000 hardcore Veronica Mars fans who would go. Beyond that, I doubt it, which is why I don't believe the limited contract idea. Would she really be a big enough name to open a show when she would have only three months or so to do it?

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Danielm
#20re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 1:50pm

I think she is certainly as big a name as Jane Krakowski at this point. She is on TV in a show that has a following--and that disgusting duck in the comic strips is obsessed with her.

I personally think the idea of a Broadway show of Xanadu is kind of stupid--the movie was fun but really bad. But, if they have an interesting take on it I would be willing to give it a try. Certainly I would be more willing to see it with Bell than with someone I don't know at all.

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#21re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 1:59pm

I agree Danielm, they both are pretty equal names. It's funny, I was just saying to my mom yesterday that i wanted kbell to do bway again. Strange.
I'm a HUGE Veronica Mars fan, but I wouldn't be suprized if this is the last season on Veronica Mars, because the idiots at the CW have not pushed it enough, and... I'll save my rant for later:)
I would love it if the whole limited engagement thing was true, because then I would get to see her preform live, AND get my VMArs fix. ::sigh:: a girl can dream...

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#22re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 2:29pm

I didn't know who Kristen Bell was till I read this thread. I think it's a bit pointless to discuss who is a bigger name but either way I believe Krakowski has already established herself as a respected actress in the theater community (2 Tony nods, 1 win, an Olivier award, etc).
I've just lost all interest in seeing this show, the other rumors (Chenoweth, Foster, Parker) were far more interesting regardless of whether they were true or false.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Danielm
#23re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/16/07 at 2:36pm

I was not dismissing Krakowsky in any way but the question was if she was a name that could sell tickets which has nothing to do with her stage abilities. Jane Krakowsky is a wonderful performer and I love to see her on stage, but to the general public she is no better known than Bell. The "theatre community" does not neccessarily make a show make money. And, sometimes as in the case of "Mama Mia" the public embraces a show the "theatre community" actually hates.

Updated On: 2/16/07 at 02:36 PM

dfwtheatreguy Profile Photo
dfwtheatreguy
#25re: Kristen Bell Does Xanadu?
Posted: 2/20/07 at 11:21pm

really? ugh.

im still trying to heal from the loss of Jane Krakowski....

"The theatre is so endlessly fascinating because it's so accidental. It's so much like life." - Arthur Miller

Videos