pixeltracker

Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the "Michelle" of Destiny's Child

Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the "Michelle" of Destiny's Child

ToBeKnown Profile Photo
ToBeKnown
#1Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the "Michelle" of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/24/07 at 11:29pm

I do.

The poor thing is just not featured as much as Beyonce and Jenifer!
I feel terrible for her she wasnt even nominatef ro anything. She sings that beautiful ballad "Lorrell Loves Jimmy"

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#2re: Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/24/07 at 11:33pm

I'm sure she was happy just to be considered for Lorrell. When you consider how much she must have made, and the national exposure she got (the girl was on Oprah!) she's definately not that upset.

I'd say she's more of a Kelly. At least she got that one song with Nelly.

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored
Updated On: 2/24/07 at 11:33 PM

beyondblessed Profile Photo
beyondblessed
#2re: Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/24/07 at 11:34pm

Her part seriously wasn't that big in the movie. Don't get me wrong, she did great work, but it wasn't oscar worthy. Besides she has already proven herself with her Tony from Caroline, Or Change. And she is far more talented than Michelle of Destiny's Child.

Going to a musical late in its run is like going to a prostitute late in her shift.

ToBeKnown Profile Photo
ToBeKnown
#3re: Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/24/07 at 11:38pm

you make a good point!

But my favorite part of the movie was wen she sang "Lorrell Loves Jimmy"

Wasn't It Beautiful.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/24/07 at 11:41pm

She's wonderful and very, very talented, but of course she hasn't gotten as much exposure as Beyonce and Jennifer have -- she's not nearly as famous. I'm sure the success of the film will boost her visibility, but that's just the way it goes, unfortunately.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

IveKnownYou Profile Photo
IveKnownYou
#5re: Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/24/07 at 11:57pm

I agree with you, ToBeKnown!
'Lorell Loves Jimmy' is my favorite song in the whole movie. I cried when Anika belted those beautiful notes.

My icon: the beautiful trans-sexual Amanda Lepore!

caitlinette Profile Photo
caitlinette
#6re: Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/25/07 at 12:35am

Don't get me wrong, she did great work, but it wasn't oscar worthy

That's actually how I feel about Jennifer Hudson...

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#7re: Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/25/07 at 12:46am

Kelly Rowland went gold and sold close to a MILLION copies of her record "Simply Deep."
Her single "Stole" was on heavy rotation on MTV.
Her single "Ain't Nobody" was a big R&B hit.
And of course "Dilemma" was huge and stayed on top of the American charts for weeks.
I highly recommend that CD. I think it was a lot better than Beyonce's solo CDs, by far.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 2/25/07 at 12:46 AM

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#8re: Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/25/07 at 3:02am

IveKnownYou: That was more like a snippet.

muscle23ftl: What about Michelle Williams? She is, after all, the "Michelle" of Destiny's Child.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#9re: Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/25/07 at 12:46pm

I don't understand the ?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

#10Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/25/07 at 1:04pm

If dreamgirls is revived, she is my Deena.

Andante Profile Photo
Andante
#11Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/25/07 at 1:48pm

I agree, however her part in the movie wasn't that well-written and didn't feature her as much as some of us would have hoped. There is no doubt that she's a very talented actress-singer and that shedid a great job in the movie, but she just didn't receive as much recognition as Jennifer Hudson and Beyonce did.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#12Does Anyone feel Anika Noni Rose is the 'Michelle' of Destiny's Child
Posted: 2/25/07 at 2:16pm

I didn't hate Hudson or Knowles in the movie, but even though their roles are bigger than Rose's, I still felt like she gave the best performance out of the three. She was on her game in every scene, even the ones where there was barely any focus on her. Watch her eyes during the scene where the girls are recording Heavy. She's there right in the moment of what's going on. She's the real deal.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

Videos