News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!

Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!

Actinggbugg474
#1Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 5:17pm

Hey guys ...

I don't know if this has already been posted or not .. I didn't see anything when I searched .. but I was browsing TMZ.com and I found this short clip of James Marsden singing Nicest Kids in Town: http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=663500376. I think he sounds GREAT!

Enjoy!

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#2re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 5:47pm

SO GOOD!

Who was he singing with?

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

PersonofInterest Profile Photo
PersonofInterest
#2re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 5:54pm

He's not bad. This is the first day I have felt that there wasn't doom and gloom in store for this movie. Between the response to the first screening and the surprise of Marsden's voice, things are looking up! Travolta or no Travolta.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#3re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 5:57pm

I don't know why people are complaining about Travolta. He is one of the things that most excites me about this movie. I think it's going to be fantastic.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

timote316
#4re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 6:13pm

I don't know why people are complaining about Travolta. He is one of the things that most excites me about this movie. I think it's going to be fantastic.

Ditto.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#5re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 6:19pm

Looks like the ShoWest footage! Perhaps more will be seen on shows such as ET, Insider, etc.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#6re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 6:25pm

Is it bad that I didn't even know he was in this?

I am, however, excited to see him in Enchanted.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#7re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 6:57pm

This was during his ShoWest performance.

He kicked aaaass.

The dancers are amazing. The choreography is so much more complex than the show.

The guys do a move in "Ladies Choice" that I just didn't think was humanly possible.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

starlight2
#8re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 7:05pm

He is a DOLL! nice lungs!

PersonofInterest Profile Photo
PersonofInterest
#9re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 8:37pm

"I don't know why people are complaining about Travolta. He is one of the things that most excites me about this movie. I think it's going to be fantastic. "

You're absolutely right.I should give him a chance. I am just stil so utterly perplexed why the powers that be decided that Harvey couldn't do the movie. It's infuriating on many levels to me. Box office is a bull$&%! answer because this movie will hit or miss based on quality, not star appeal.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#10re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 8:55pm

I am just stil so utterly perplexed why the powers that be decided that Harvey couldn't do the movie. It's infuriating on many levels to me. Box office is a bull$&%! answer because this movie will hit or miss based on quality, not star appeal.

You're kidding, right? The main decision maker between one movie and the next for any mainstream moviegoer is "who's in it?".

Marsden sounds fabulous. And I'm sure Travolta will be a terrific Edna. He has a great background in musical films after all, and he has never disappointed.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 3/18/07 at 08:55 PM

jo
#11re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/18/07 at 9:01pm

Why not Travolta?!! He was in GREASE after all!

Re James Marsden -- it would interesting to see Cyclops and Wolverine in a movie musical together.

Mistress_Spouzic Profile Photo
Mistress_Spouzic
#12re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 3:31am

james marsden was by far my favorite casting choice for this movie, i think hes adorable.

meaganwas Profile Photo
meaganwas
#13re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 4:07pm

I was surprised by James Marsden, and I don't have a problem with Travolta. I'm sure he's more than enjoying his chance to wear a dress and make up with no one judging him. I'm REALLY excited about Christopher Walken but that's because he wins at everything he does ever.

But...Zac Efron? AMANDA BYNES? Are you serious? I won't know for sure how I feel about it until I actually see it, but I already know how much I hate Zac and his general inability to sing. And I won't even go into Amanda Bynes because I'll be here all night.

-At CATS rehearsal- Chuckie: "I'd love to sit Andrew Lloyd Webber down and ask where the Hell this came from." Me (as Andrew Lloyd Webber): "...I wrote CATS? Dude, I am so sorry!"

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#14re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 4:13pm

I am too still unsure on Zac and Amanda. I just don't see Link in Zac, but i have higher hopes for Amanda. I feel that Amanda was not the best choice, but i am still dying to see the movie. I was pulling for Lacey Chabert for Penny but i still can't wait until it comes out!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#15re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 4:18pm

Lacey Chabert has gotten past the cute little girl look and should move onto more adult roles. When she was really a kid, she played kids really well, but at this point it's just grating to watch her as a kid. Amanda can still pass as a kid.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

iRuvPrinceton Profile Photo
iRuvPrinceton
#16re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 4:21pm

I think Amanda will be great as Penny. I mean, judging by her speaking voice, I think she can pull it off.

And AWWW. James sounds so great - I'm looking forward to seeing him most.

I get lost, unless, of course, I'm getting found.

EdmundOG
#17re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 6:58pm

Why is everyone so aghast at Amanda Bynes? She's a weird-voiced teenager with an oddball comedy background. What else could you want?

Efron though... no. He can't sing, he's tiny, and he loks like Malcolm in the Middle.

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#18re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 7:50pm

i always have my reservations about casting in general, but I don't care. It's HAIRSPRAY. I can't wait.

Your fupa is showing.

#19re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 8:17pm

"Short" clip??? SHORT CLIP??? It was about 15 seconds of him singing and an inane "Backstage" chat with a total running time of 45 seconds. You cannot possibly be so starved for Hairspray news as to think this is a "Find"!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#20re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 8:22pm

There is another SHORT zac video from ShoWest out there. But its on wireimage- and I dont have an account. (yet)

Though I am sure it will surface soon.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Actinggbugg474
#21re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 8:48pm

I wrote "short clip" because that's exactly what it is. .... I'm sorry I didn't write "45 second short clip." But considering that not many people have heard Marsden sing anything from the show .. I thought that some people might be interested.

So in the future, whenever you post any clips make sure you type exactly how long the clip is because JoeKv99 can't waste his time time on any "inane backstage chat."

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#22re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 8:49pm

I think he sounds great. I was really excited with his casting, because he's not SUCH a name that one can believe that's what it's based on. More excited!

LoringsGuy
#23re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 10:30pm

Wow, he sounds great! There are some clips on "that site" of him singing on Ally McBeal and he sounds pretty good there, too.

I met him at my gym while he was here filming Sugar and Spice, just a few months before the first X-Men hit and no one really knew who he was yet. He seemed taken aback and flattered that someone would recognize him. He said to call him "Jimmy" and he was just the nicest guy!

"Word of advice: Be who you are, wear what you want---just learn how to run real fast." Marc, UGLY BETTY

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#24re: Clip of James Marsden in Hairspray!
Posted: 3/19/07 at 10:36pm

Yeh, he is really nice. I met him at ShoWest. Very down to Earth.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Videos