Jersey Boys in July

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#1Jersey Boys in July
Posted: 3/18/07 at 11:01pm

FINALLY.... FINALLY... FINALLY... after 2 1/2 years of begging my mother to come visit me and my wife in D.C., she has finally agreed. We've been living here forever and she refused to come visit because shes deathly afraid of flying.

But shes coming! and shes bringing my sisters!! Anyhow... we're taking them to the city for their first time... they've never been to NYC, and they're so excited to see a broadway show.

I would realy love to take my mom to see JERSEY BOYS. Just me and her. she would love it so much. she grew up in that era. i know shed love it.

anyone have any idea how long the cast will be sticking around? I'm sure JLY wont be in it anymore... but what about everyone else? Christian Hoff? the rest of the guys?

I think of all the shows on broadway, this is the one that would make my moms trip really incredible.

Bwayfan4
#2re: Jersey Boys in July
Posted: 3/19/07 at 3:59am

I don't know about the cast, but good luck trying to get tickets. (Unless you are willing to pay super high prices...)

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#2re: Jersey Boys in July
Posted: 3/19/07 at 12:47pm

well i saw the show in august not long after it won the tony and my wife and i got student rush tickets with ease... i'm sure i could do that again

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#3re: Jersey Boys in July
Posted: 3/21/07 at 12:41pm

Christian said after the show last night he is leaving in October. J Robert Spencer didn't really stay very long so I didn't get a chance to ask him and Daniel was off last night.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#4re: Jersey Boys in July
Posted: 3/21/07 at 1:22pm

Daniel said back in Feburary when I went he wasn't leaving till October.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#5re: Jersey Boys in July
Posted: 3/21/07 at 3:31pm

Yay, Daniel and Christian will be there when I go in September again :)

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#6re: Jersey Boys in July
Posted: 3/21/07 at 4:33pm

well i saw the show in august not long after it won the tony and my wife and i got student rush tickets with ease... i'm sure i could do that again

Just make sure that one of you definitely has a student ID. I did the rush today for tonight's show and at 9:30 a woman came out, checked our student IDs and a second form of IDs, and then the tickets we got are stamped in red letters, CHECK FOR STUDENT ID. I think they are finally figuring out what to do about the scalper problems.

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#7re: Jersey Boys in July
Posted: 3/21/07 at 5:29pm

what time did you get there to do the rush today?

Rachel2789 Profile Photo
Rachel2789
#8re: Jersey Boys in July
Posted: 3/21/07 at 9:14pm

"Just make sure that one of you definitely has a student ID. I did the rush today for tonight's show and at 9:30 a woman came out, checked our student IDs and a second form of IDs, and then the tickets we got are stamped in red letters, CHECK FOR STUDENT ID. I think they are finally figuring out what to do about the scalper problems."

That's so good to hear! I'm glad that they're finally starting to act on this situation. I'm probably going to be in the NYC sometime this summer and I was worried that the scalpers would be there really early every day....so this makes me happy. :]

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#9re: Jersey Boys in July
Posted: 3/23/07 at 11:07am

sweet! so glad they are cracking down on the scalpers.

My wife never goes anywhere in NYC without her student ID. thats how we buy all our student rush tickets... it's going to suck once she graduates from Grad School next year! haha.... no more student rush.

I remember we got there around 7a.m. when we saw it, and there were already 15 people in front of us in line. we got the last pair of tickets for the 8pm show.