My Trip

Nathan_Lane_Rules!
#1My Trip
Posted: 3/20/07 at 11:15pm

I'm going to new york next Tuesday through thursday. The only show
I know I'm seeing is Grey Gardens and I want to see Spring awakening.

I want to see one other straight play and one musical.

HELP! please...

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: My Trip
Posted: 3/20/07 at 11:21pm

Well from posts I've been reading, Journeys End is supposed to be a great play.

For musicals: Curtains, Drowsy Chaperone if you like traditional musicals; Company if you like Sondheim

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#2re: My Trip
Posted: 3/20/07 at 11:26pm

Jack Goes Boating!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#3re: My Trip
Posted: 3/20/07 at 11:29pm

I second Millie's choices. JOURNEY'S END is mind-blowing, must see theater. CURTAINS and DROWSY are both wonderful old-fashioned musicals. I also loved SPRING AWAKENING, and would highly recommend it if you want to see something that is truly moving, and breaks the traditional musical theater forms.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#4re: My Trip
Posted: 3/20/07 at 11:31pm

Just to add, I have NOT see Journey's End or Company; however, they seem to be getting great feedback from posters on BWW.

I have seen Curtains and Drowsy and both were excellent.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

neddyfrank2
#5re: My Trip
Posted: 3/20/07 at 11:35pm

Curtains and Journey's End

I thought you lived in New York?

Nathan_Lane_Rules!
#6re: My Trip
Posted: 3/20/07 at 11:40pm

me? nope stuck in Denver. ha!

Got Little Mermaid coming though!

Think I'll plug Company into one of the slots.

The three straight plays I'm deciding from are Journeys End, The Year of Magical thinking, and Inherit the Wind.

Any ideas as to availability at tkts? The tkts sit has not updated their "at the booths" page in quite some time.

Also anyone sit in a courtroom seat at inherit the wind yet?

neddyfrank2
#7re: My Trip
Posted: 3/20/07 at 11:45pm

Oh sorry I thought you were NathanLaneStalker.

WannaBeAFoster sat in the courtroom seats and posted it about it in the thread from the first preview.
TKTS Booth

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#8re: My Trip
Posted: 3/21/07 at 12:03am

Great choices for musicals!

I'd see "A Chorus Line" as the 3rd musical. Don't miss it!

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Videos