pixeltracker

Requierments for broadway actor to go over to London

Requierments for broadway actor to go over to London

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#1Requierments for broadway actor to go over to London
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:39pm

I was wondering, what are the requierments for a broadway actor to go over to london. I know for a London actor a producer has to prove to equity that there isn't an actor in america that can do a good enough job for the part copared to his english counterpart. is there anything like that for broadway actors to London and also what are the rules of the trade program?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#2re: Requierments for broadway actor to go over to London
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:41pm

You just have to have ypur parent or guardian sign a permission slip.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Jimmcf Profile Photo
Jimmcf
#2re: Requierments for broadway actor to go over to London
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:43pm

I am not sure - but it is a lot easier for a Broadway actor to go over than vice versa.

There is supposed to be recripocal agreements. For example, when American Equity did not want Sarah Brightman in 'The Phantom of the Opera' Andrew Lloyd Webber threatened to cancel the production (he had written it for her). In their subsequent agreement, he agreed to have an American actress in his next West End show. He actually had 2 - Ann Crumb and Kathleen Rowe McAllen in 'Aspects of Love.'

My mother always used to say, "The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana." - Rose Nyland

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#3re: Requierments for broadway actor to go over to London
Posted: 3/28/07 at 3:09am

But, what about things like the equity trades?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4re: Requierments for broadway actor to go over to London
Posted: 3/28/07 at 3:22am

Marry a Brit.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

jaesdare Profile Photo
jaesdare
#5re: Requierments for broadway actor to go over to London
Posted: 3/28/07 at 11:03am

ALW also had Al Silber in Woman in White, but you also need to get a work visa which is pretty hard to get. i don't know if equity has a system that could get it for you.

birdboy782
#6re: Requierments for broadway actor to go over to London
Posted: 3/28/07 at 11:43am

Al Silber had also already been living in the UK for a few years while she attended RSAMD...

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#8re: Requierments for broadway actor to go over to London
Posted: 5/4/07 at 12:52pm

It's not nearly as hard as it was a few years ago. Basically you just need to have a producer petition British Equity on your behalf. Of course you actually ahve to have the offer first.

If you just want to move to London and have a go at it - you need to have a British working visa and be a member of British Equity. Not exactly an easy feat.