pixeltracker

Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)

Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)

JsnWse
#1Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 6:18pm

Was anybody lucky enough to be in the audience? I was just wondering if anything out of the ordinary happened considering it was Sutton's last performance. I know that they are supposed to keep things normal, but every once in a while something special happens. At Suttons last performance of Millie, she got applause about 4 bars into everything thing she sang. Let us know the details! Updated On: 4/15/07 at 06:18 PM

MungoGypsy8232
#2re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 7:07pm

Thanks for posting this thread JsnWse! I started a thread about this yesterday and it sort of died prematurely and is lurking somewhere on the nether-regions of this board, so I'm glad the topic will not go undiscussed. Hopefully this thread will do better than mine!

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#2re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 7:14pm

this makes me so sad.

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#3re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 7:21pm

I'd also love to hear some details of Jonathan Crombie's last performance as well.

JsnWse
#4re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 7:33pm

You are welcome MungoGypsy (love your user-name), I agree - it should not go un-discussed. And Mint, I completely forgot it was Jonathan Crombie's last show too! This should make it even more interesting!

NativeNewYorker
#5re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 7:34pm

I was just going to chime in that it was Jonathan Crombie's last too! (Excited that he'll be in photo coverages from Sutton's last now :))

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#6re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 7:36pm

Tangent: Jonathan Crombie, what a cutie.

OK, back to topic...

NativeNewYorker
#7re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 7:53pm

He definitely is. I'll be thrilled if he lands in another NYC show soon.

ILoveWicked330
#8re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:02pm

I was there- Jon Crombie was, how do you say, HORRIBLE. He lost his voice and it kept cracking every 2 words. He couldn't sing at the end and he messed up his lyrics. He was no where near Bob's performance.
Sutton didn't do anything special for her last show. In "Fancy Dress", she seemed like a real btch. She had an attitude on kind of like "Hey- I've been doing this show for a year now and it's really boring. Thank gd it's my last show but I'm not gonna show any enthusiasm about it. I'm just gonna be boring".
No speech was made for her either.
There were afew "hyper" people in the crowd, talking back and "woo-ing" at every little thing.

deck925 Profile Photo
deck925
#9re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:03pm

I'm interested to hear any news from Sutton's last too. I was there wednesday and I loved the show, I didn't realize Jonathan Crombie was leaving too, he was great.

I'm kind of a sweat pant, t-shirt, no make-up type of girl. So once a year, I can get spiffy. Sutton Foster :)

BDavis0092
#10re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:10pm

I really hope that's not Sutton attitude. I fell in love with her last year when I saw Drowsy's second preview. She was wonderful and just seemed to enjoy every minute of it. Now with all the talk about her never coming out the stage door (which was true last time I tried to catch her after a show), going through the motions, and having a bad attitude, I'm starting to get a little upset.

www.youtube.com/BwayNY225

MungoGypsy8232
#11re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:12pm

Wow! That bad? Sutton's usually very professional!

NativeNewYorker
#12re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:15pm

That's a shame that Jonathan was "off" today! I saw him twice and he was excellent both times...not Bob, but who is...

Yankeefan007
#13re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:15pm

Mungo, I've heard the opposite, actually, from people who've seen the show of late.

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#14re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:17pm

I saw the show on Friday evening and the audience LOVED Jonathan Crombie. I think they were even more psyched about Jonathan Crombie's performance than Bob Martin's performance, which I saw last year.

I don't know whether it's the spring break crowd or what, but the audience laughed a lot throughout the whole show, even in the beginning monologue, Jonathan Crombie had to take a pause because people were laughing so much.

I personally enjoyed Jonathan Crombie's performance on Friday. He even handed me the $20 from onstage as the "donation" for Broadway Cares.

MungoGypsy8232
#15re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:21pm

Really? That's such a shame yankeefan007re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#16re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:21pm

aww, thats sad. I went to see Drowsy Chaperone for a second time on Kids Night and everyone pretty much came out but Sutton. I was upset since my friend didn't get to meet her, but otherwise I was okay. I am saddened to know that she kind of had a b*tchy attitude.

The Best of Times is Now!

deck925 Profile Photo
deck925
#17re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:22pm

That's cool mint, he did that to someone at the wednesday matinee too, and people seemed to really enjoy his performace on wednesday, I didn't notice any screw ups, but then I had never seen the show before.

I'm kind of a sweat pant, t-shirt, no make-up type of girl. So once a year, I can get spiffy. Sutton Foster :)

NativeNewYorker
#18re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:24pm

The audience loved Jonathan when I went too...at curtain call, a handful stood for Sutton then mostly everyone SHOT to their feet for Jonathan! He looked a big surprised! I loved his performance.

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#19re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:27pm

I don't like these reports that Sutton has been acting unprofessionally during the show. It's just upsetting to me.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

deck925 Profile Photo
deck925
#20re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:32pm

Hopefully most of them aren't true, she was fine when I saw it. Of course there is the chance that perhaps I don't really pick up on things like that, but I thought she was fine.

Updated On: 4/15/07 at 08:32 PM

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#21re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:32pm

I did not feel that SUtton was unprofessional at all on Friday evening. Actually, I was surprised she seemed so "fresh" on stage after being in the show for so long....

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#22re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:39pm

Yay, I feel better now.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

e Profile Photo
e
#23re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:46pm

When I saw it a few weeks ago, Sutton was incredibly enthusiastic and did not seem to have any attitude, imo. I also found Jonathon Crombie to be a great man in chair, and the audience seemed to love him as well. It's a shame they're both leaving.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#24re: Today's Performance of The Drowsy Chaperone (Suttons last)
Posted: 4/15/07 at 8:51pm

I saw it a while ago and I think one of the main reasons I didn't like it was because I didn't feel like Sutton was giving her 110%. Maybe I was just catching her on an "off-night" but she seemed like she was just going through the motions.Maybe my expectations of her were too high as well. I don't know. Updated On: 4/15/07 at 08:51 PM

Videos