pixeltracker

If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... "Pocahontas"?- Page 2

If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... "Pocahontas"?

#25re: If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... 'Pocahontas'?
Posted: 4/18/07 at 6:00pm

DOesn't btoehr me--the "legend" of pocahontas (which it's bascially true to) has existed for ages before DIsney.

Radcliffe makes things worse but you already had the conflict bewtweeen th other settlers and the Natives--which coulda played fine

Rentroxmysox29
#26re: If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... 'Pocahontas'?
Posted: 4/22/07 at 5:03pm

I agree with TheActr97J! hercules definitely

Jared Leto is my husbanddd <3333 :)

shakejake6282 Profile Photo
shakejake6282
#27re: If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... 'Pocahontas'?
Posted: 5/7/07 at 3:34am

Of all the Disney movies, they need to do Oliver & Company or Hercules!!!

"Operator, you have obviously never been trapped in a Chinese opium den!" - Thoroughly Modern Millie

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#28re: If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... 'Pocahontas'?
Posted: 5/7/07 at 9:00am

I think I heard somewhere that the next one they were thinking of was Hunchback. Not sure why that one. I would rather Mulan.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#29re: If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... 'Pocahontas'?
Posted: 5/7/07 at 11:09am

I don't think that they closed beauty and the beast because they wanted to close the show. they did it because it was the theatre space they needed. I don't believe this whole " one princess show" rule. I feel that they came up with this rule because they wanted to make it seem logiical that they were closing beauty.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

JulesReverie Profile Photo
JulesReverie
#30re: If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... 'Pocahontas'?
Posted: 5/7/07 at 2:14pm

Newsies should of been the next one made into a musical, but the one the should really get broadway treatment and its a shock it hasn't already(cept in Germany) is Hunchback of Nortre Dame-that was made for broadway and has has contributions from three mega hit shows(Lyrics from writer of Wicked, Story by same author of Les Miz, music by Alan Meken)

misschung
#31re: If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... 'Pocahontas'?
Posted: 5/7/07 at 2:17pm

"Of all the Disney movies, they need to do Oliver & Company or Hercules!!!"

I'm so glad someone else finally mentioned Oliver & Co. I love that movie!

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

BSoBW2
#32re: If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... 'Pocahontas'?
Posted: 5/7/07 at 3:59pm

But there already IS an OLIVER musical...

misschung
#33re: If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... 'Pocahontas'?
Posted: 5/7/07 at 4:17pm

Yeah, I know. But its different. They will so never do it, but its still a cute movie and I think it has a great soundtrack

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

Paulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
#34re: If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... 'Pocahontas'?
Posted: 5/7/07 at 4:29pm

i've got a solution to all of your problems

Whats about a jukebox musical about Walt Disney featuring songs from all of his movies. He did have quite an interesting life, but maybe not one that Broadway audiences might gel with unfortunetly.

Oh well.. NEXT!!

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#36re: If Another Disney Musical were to Close, what about... 'Pocahontas'?
Posted: 5/7/07 at 5:01pm

LOL I was just going to write the same thing about On The Record

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like