pixeltracker

Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)

Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#1Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/3/07 at 10:03pm

I was thrilled to see such a legend onstage tonight at the Colonial Theater in Boston. It's amazing to see how much energy this woman has after all these years. The plot was okay, but some of the music and choreography really impressed me. I don't think it's worth the $85 the Colonial is charging for orchestra seats, but if your a student and have some extra cash, go see it!

I would recommend the show to theatre fans who have some working knowledge of theatre.

I would ESPECIALLY like to thank the obnoxious drunk couple in front of me (Row A Center) who acted like they were at a concert, and, mostly the woman, who was waving her hands around in the air like a ridiculous drunk during "All That Jazz."

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#2re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/3/07 at 11:08pm

You're welcome. My wife was a little drunk tonight, I admit it.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

mrs felciano
#2re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/4/07 at 12:05am

I wanted to see this but I'm actually in a show this weekend. I heard she extended for another week? Does anyone know if this is true?

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#3re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/4/07 at 12:36am

Millie, people acted like they were at a concert last night too. Chita was laughing at them on stage and at a couple of points had a little trouble keeping it together. My personal favorite were the three ladies sitting behind me commenting throughout the first act. Then when they were talking through the entr'acte I shushed them and they did the hand toss thing that expresses oh I don't care what you think. I leaned over and said "the second act has started, be quiet or I'll get an usher." I felt a little bad being so rude, but at least it worked.

Whatever happened to class?

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#4re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/4/07 at 12:40am

did they do the typical Boston thing and all show up 5 minutes after it was supposed to have started?

ElphabaRose
#5re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/4/07 at 2:02am

I don't know if those people specifically did...there were so many who did that that I can't just pin it on them, but it wouldn't surprise me.

millie_dillmount
#6re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/4/07 at 3:27am

They weren't making noise like they were at a concert. They weren't really doing anything the entire second act when I moved behind them. It was during "All That Jazz" they were getting really into it. It was annoying.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 5/4/07 at 03:27 AM

Jilani
#7re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/4/07 at 1:39pm

Millie, I was at that performance too, but I was sitting farther back (half price tickets from the Bostix booth), so I didn't notice those people. It was an amazing experience to see her live on stage! But my favorite dumb audience member moment came at the very end, when it was clear she was gearing up to sing "All That Jazz," and some guy sitting near me said in an excited, anticipatory whisper: "Cabaret!"

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#8re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/4/07 at 2:28pm

omg i don't think i could've held myself in if i heard that! hahahaha

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#9re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/4/07 at 3:33pm

I think the show was originally scheduled to play two weeks in Boston; don't know why that didn't end up happening, or if it may still happen. on the IATSE website, it's schedule to play two weeks if you look at the schedule.

millie_dillmount
#10re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/4/07 at 10:56pm

I think I remember seeing an old student rush brochure and it said Chita was scheduled to play 2 weeks. Maybe it wasn't selling well so they shortened it to one week.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#11re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/6/07 at 4:23pm

Did anyone rush this show? I want to go tonight but I can't get there until after 6:30 (when the rush tickets go on sale). Do they allow you to buy rush tickets later before the show?

crzyrocket Profile Photo
crzyrocket
#12re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/6/07 at 4:38pm

I rushed the show on Friday night, got there around 7:45pm. No problem getting tickets.

I had no idea how incredibly charming Ms. Rivera is. A really fantastic performer.

"The sense that everything's going right is a sure sense that everything's going wrong." -The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?

ElphabaRose
#13re: Chita Rivera in Boston Tonight (5/3/07)
Posted: 5/6/07 at 5:51pm

I saw it on Wednesday when the show was at 7. I got there at 6:30 and I was fine.