pixeltracker

Kathy Bates returning to the theatre

Kathy Bates returning to the theatre

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#1Kathy Bates returning to the theatre
Posted: 5/11/07 at 5:26pm

Unfortunately, it's not in New York. Kathy Bates returning to the theatre

Philadelphia Theatre Company has announced two world premieres for its 2007-08 season, when its new Suzanne Roberts Theatre is scheduled to open on the Avenue of the Arts.

Tony Award winner Terrence McNally's new work Unusual Acts of Devotion, starring Academy Award winner Kathy Bates, will premiere there Oct. 26-Nov. 25. His Off-Broadway play, Some Men, premiered at PTC.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/108027.html

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Gothampc
#2re: Kathy Bates returning to the theatre
Posted: 5/11/07 at 5:46pm

It's about time Kathy. You really owe us theater lovers big time!! We need you on the boards (in NYC please!!)

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Someday Profile Photo
Someday
#2re: Kathy Bates returning to the theatre
Posted: 8/28/07 at 1:07pm

Unfortunately, it looks like Kathy Bates is ill. The McNally play has been postponed: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/110561.html.

I certainly hope her illness is not too serious, although it must be pretty bad to cause the postponement. Best wishes to Miss Bates!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#3re: Kathy Bates returning to the theatre
Posted: 8/28/07 at 1:38pm

Damn! I thought this thread was going to be about her in a revival of COME BACK TO THE FIVE & DIME, JIMMY DEAN, JIMMY DEAN. re: Kathy Bates returning to the theatre

Clara's Pony Profile Photo
Clara's Pony
#4re: Kathy Bates returning to the theatre
Posted: 8/28/07 at 1:52pm

It's a shames she's a) ill & b) not on Broadway. Loved her in Misery (music by Marc Shaiman funnily enough...)

Why, hello Margaret! Yes darling, half past five. Well, everyone, simply le tout Park Avenue and la creme de Hyannis! Well, the press table's going to be awfully crowded... but if you don't mind sharing a folding chair with Harper's Bazaar... Sing? Me? Heavens no, it's Edie's day, not mine... Although people can be so insistent, and I hate to disappoint. Twist my arm, blackmail me, threaten my very life, and who knows? You might get a verse of something...

Theatreboy33 Profile Photo
Theatreboy33
#5re: Kathy Bates returning to the theatre
Posted: 8/28/07 at 3:06pm

Hope Ms Bates is recovering. However, McNally's most recent work has really been second rate. The man has been gettiny by on his name for a few years now.

Theatreboy33 Profile Photo
Theatreboy33
#6re: Kathy Bates returning to the theatre
Posted: 8/28/07 at 3:06pm

Hope Ms Bates is recovering. However, McNally's most recent work has really been second rate. The man has been getting by on his name for a few years now.