pixeltracker

Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)

Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)

Broadway_Life_101 Profile Photo
Broadway_Life_101
#1Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)
Posted: 5/23/07 at 6:16pm

Hey, does anyone know if the new block of on stage tickets went on sale at all? I'm looking to buy a graduation gift and i want a ticket for July. Every date i put into Telecharge says, "we couldn't find your exact match...."

Thanks in advance!

gymdudeva
#2re: Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)
Posted: 5/23/07 at 6:23pm

Well, first of all, they are sold out through Labor Day (July was part of the previous block). Sorry. The new block begins around then and goes til December, but the on-stage seats for that block don't appear to be up yet.

To save time, to check on this, I just select the big range of dates from now til Dec., and select on-stage seats. If nothing comes up, that is a sign that block has not been released. If something comes up at all, you can back out and then look for specific dates.

When I talked to someone at telecharge who sounded competent, he told me they didn't know when the new block of on-stage tix would be released.

usmma2010 Profile Photo
usmma2010
#2re: Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)
Posted: 5/23/07 at 7:04pm

im on stage for the 3rd of aug.

"and in the end the love you make is equal to the love you take"

gymdudeva
#3re: Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)
Posted: 5/23/07 at 7:10pm

I'll be on-stage tomorrow night, and I have on-stage tix for Aug. 2. I almost feel guilty now...almost...

matjomae Profile Photo
matjomae
#4re: Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)
Posted: 5/23/07 at 7:16pm

If they have sold out on-stage seating through Labor Day, can someone please explain to me why when I rushed Spring Awakening a few weeks back they announced that they had 1 on-stage seat for the show that night that was available to purchase?

"Take all of your so-called problems, better put them in quotations.." - JM

gymdudeva
#5re: Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)
Posted: 5/23/07 at 7:20pm

Well, it was only last week that they told me they were sold out through labor day...a few weeks ago, there might have been a couple left. Also, the ticket that day might have been returned or exchanged....

Actually, it was only a few weeks back that I bought my Aug. tix...

Broadway_Life_101 Profile Photo
Broadway_Life_101
#6re: Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)
Posted: 5/23/07 at 7:58pm

this could be a really dumb question but here it goes, umm if there only sold out till labor day, why are tickets not available for july or august? did they stop selling them?

thank you again!

jewelchk
#7re: Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)
Posted: 5/23/07 at 8:04pm

Broadway_Life, are you mixing up Labor Day with something else? Labor Day is the beginning of September. I know someone who mixes it up with Memorial Day all the time...

"I thought that that was just going to be a like one shot deal for me, you know, but they kept talking about it like, 'when we do the production, when we do the production', and I was like, 'yes, yes, when you do the production, cool, I will come and see it'". - John Gallagher Jr. on SA

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#8re: Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)
Posted: 5/23/07 at 8:09pm

matjomae: The reason why they may have had one on-stage seat available might've been because it was a single seat that no one wanted to buy. The on-stage seats *might* have singles available here and there, but for the most part they are sold out till September.

I rushed the show Sunday, and the guy said that one pair of onstage seats were available because of duplicate availability online (or something like that) and because of that, they never got sold through the system. So perhaps a simple online error could have prevented the ticket from being sold.

EDITED to change "August" to "September."

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 5/24/07 at 08:09 PM

matjomae Profile Photo
matjomae
#9re: Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)
Posted: 5/23/07 at 9:23pm

Much thanks for the explanations millie and gym.

"Take all of your so-called problems, better put them in quotations.." - JM

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#10re: Spring Awakening On-Stage (New Block?)
Posted: 5/24/07 at 1:46am

This was discussed heavily on Myspace and Facebook. The moderators of the Myspace and Facebook sites announced that there will be some sort of promotion which will offer on stage seats to fans of the show before they become available to the general public. No more information was given.

Videos