pixeltracker

"Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now" - is it in the film???- Page 2

"Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now" - is it in the film???

AudreyTwoTwo Profile Photo
AudreyTwoTwo
#25re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/27/07 at 10:00pm

I love that song. That's a bit of a let down for me, since Amanda Bynes would have been singing. Oh well.

The Best of Times is Now!

TapTapTapioca
#26re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/27/07 at 10:11pm

Wickedfan- What I anted to know if it is like the film RENT which is a lot of song and little dialogue, I would consider that on the verge of becoming an Opera.

I shave me Xanadu every morning!

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#27re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/27/07 at 10:18pm

I don't think so. I think he meant that there's already a lot of music. Not nearly on the scale of Rent, though.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#28re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/27/07 at 10:18pm

no tap. there is a lot of music, but a good amount of dialogue too.

Some of my fav moments in the movie- were when the music subsided.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
Updated On: 5/27/07 at 10:18 PM

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#29re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/27/07 at 10:28pm

When does this movie come out again? I'm so excited for it.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#30re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/27/07 at 10:29pm

marc, question, is COME SO FAR just i different title for I CAN WAIT? or, is it a different title with some different lyrics for STEP ON UP??

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#31re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/27/07 at 10:35pm

i can wait was a tracy ballad - this is awhole new song... what is "step on up"?

gumbo- JULY 20!

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#32re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/27/07 at 10:42pm

Thanks! I'm marking my calendar now.

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#33re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/27/07 at 11:28pm

"step on up" was a song written and was sung by motormouth, lil inez, link, tracy, and seaweed. it was originally written for the broadway show, but was cut. the lyrics are GREAT. It was to be sung right after 'i knwo where i've been'. anyway, thats my two cents. ask marc, im sure he will have more info. what i really love about the song is that...
1. it gives motormouth another song
2. it gives lil inez another solo
3. it gives seaweed, morormouth, tracy, link, and inez a chance to use their powerful voices together to create one soulful song.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#34re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/27/07 at 11:36pm

I wonder what the twist is that's in MIABGN!!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#35re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 12:46am

yeh- 'step on up' is one I hadn't heard of before. cool.

but im glad it's not in the show 'cause I would call it, "step on up to shoe pavillion" like i do with the movie "Step Up." :)

I know of:

Blood on the Pavement (Will Ruin Your Prom)
Positivity
Mother-Daughter Cha Cha Cha
Status Quo
It Ain't Over 'Till The Fat Lady Sings
It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This
New girl in Town- which is great, works so well in the movie.

Marc- eventually you should release a CD with demo's from all your works.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#36re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 1:25am

yeah, when I say opera i ONLY mean there are a LOT of songs!

COME SO FAR is a new "End Title" song that we are very, very excited about.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#37re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 1:31am

hmmm, how can I now twist what Mark said and turn it into something negative?? lol

thanks for posting Marc...it's always exciting :)

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

TapTapTapioca
#38re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 1:37am

There was a song called Status Quo?

O/T- I think that Stick To The Status Quo from High School Musical kind of sounds like You Can't Stop The Beat from Hairspray.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#39re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 7:20am

So, I hope, pray and predict, that, COME SO FAR will be the Academy Award Winner for Best Song next year !!!

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#40re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 10:03am

hmm, true Mateo, That would be worse, lol

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#41re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 11:12am

I have to get out Elph, this place is heinous.

I hope so Greek.
I am trying to imagine what COME SO FAR might sound like- which of course is impossible. Do y'all think it's a ballad? ...or?

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#42re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 12:15pm

Its a shame as its one of the best songs in the show, one of my other faves were Big Doll House(but i can see why that went).

For everyday cinema goers it will be fine but for broadway lovers and people who love the show it will kinda feel like something is missing

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#43re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 12:16pm

i imagine it as a ballad.
and, taptaptapioca, "status quo" was a song for velma that, i think, would've taken place of "miss baltimore crabs"
there was also a song written called "take it for a spin", but cars onstage would've been to expensive, thus they changed miss auto show to miss teenage hairspray

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#44re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 12:32pm

oh yeah thats right- forgot about that song.

SEMI OT:

I am so depressed. I just read a press release stating that Hairspray's Quebec dub had to stop dubbing the songs in to french for their release- because contractually certain actors will not allow their singing voices dubbed in any langauge.

I was really looking forward to hearing the songs, not only in french but many different languages.

So now instead of dubbing the songs, the production will hire all new actors (they had previously announced the singers- who are now let go) to dub the dialogue- and will simply subtitle the songs.

oh well. re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#45re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 1:26pm

that really stinks!!!! i wouldve loved to hear the songs in french. : (

TapTapTapioca
#46re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 4:20pm

Mateo- Do you know which actors it is that won't allow their voices to be dubbed.

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#47re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 4:59pm

i may actually not be the actors themselves, but their agents.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#48re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 5:04pm

Is Baltimore Crabs in the filrm or not?

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#49re: 'Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now' - is it in the film???
Posted: 5/28/07 at 5:34pm

Tap - no i dont. But I have my guesses.

and like Enthusiast said, It is probably their agents and/or managers whispering every little thing in to their ears.

bway- Yes Baltimore Crabs is in the moie.

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Videos