pixeltracker

What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?- Page 3

What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#50re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 2:44pm

re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?

Constellation Prize

....but the world goes 'round

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#51re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 3:02pm

That will look lovely on Angela's shelf.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

americanboy99 Profile Photo
americanboy99
#52re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 3:07pm

Thank you, tazber. Although you may not have meant to, you proved my point.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#53re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 3:09pm

Seeing Julie White win a Tony Award will be "it" for me.

But, some other big surprises may be:

*Boyd Gaines beating Frank Langella for Best Leading Actor in a Play
*Anthony Chisholm winning Best Featured Actor in a Play
*David Grindley beating Jack O'Brien for Best Direction of a Play

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 5/30/07 at 03:09 PM

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#54re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 3:17pm

Enough with Ebersole losing the Tony! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Audra will not win. Stop wanting this people! Ebersole has been compared to Angela Lansbury and Ethel Merman for God's sake! Why should she lose?
I'd love it if Sheik loosing the Tony for his **** score for Spring Awakening and I'd also love it it Grey Gardens won Best Musical. That's about it.

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#55re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 3:25pm

The biggest surprise for me right now is that we're going to see it aired at all. And my fear is that it's going to be like last year's, which at times felt like some weird, incestuous family reunion, where everyone had slept with everyone else.

http://docandraider.com

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#56re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 3:30pm

Lansbury and Merman didn't always win either.

Really, the world won't collapse if Ebersole doesn't win. It won't.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

DirtyRottenGirl Profile Photo
DirtyRottenGirl
#57re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 3:42pm

That Donna Murphy wins instead of Ebersole.

americanboy99
#58re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 3:50pm

MARY POPPINS taking BEST MUSICAL.

It's the most "tourable" show.

RockabyeHamlet
#59re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 4:19pm

Michael Cerveris winning Best Actor in a Musical
Boyd Gaines winning Best Actor in a Play
Donna Murphy winning Best Actress in a Musical
Anything beating Spring Awakening for Best Musical

I think Mary Louise Wilson is the only lock in the acting catagories this year.

"I wouldn't let Esparza's Bobby take my kids to the zoo...I'd be afraid he'd steal their ice cream and laugh."- YankeeFan
"People who like Sondheim enjoy cruelty."-LuvtheEmcee

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#60re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 4:22pm

No one is ever a lock.

Plenty of people can tell you that firsthand.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#61re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 4:52pm

I wasn't even taking sides americanboy99. I just thought we could settle the discussion if we all agreed on a singular definition.

But really, it doesn't matter, b/c you, me and I believe Rath (although I can't speak for her) know Ebersole will win anyway.
Rightfully so, IMHO

....but the world goes 'round

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#62re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 4:54pm

I don't know anything.

I KNEW Bernadette would win for GYPSY. Since then, I don't know anything.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#63re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 5:14pm

"And my fear is that it's going to be like last year's, which at times felt like some weird, incestuous family reunion, where everyone had slept with everyone else."

What makes you think they hadn't?

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

americanboy99
#64re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 5:19pm

Why did you assume Peters would win for GYPSY. She didn't take home the Drama Desk, which is always a pretty good indication.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#65re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 5:33pm

I feel very nervous that 'Mary Poppins' is nominated for Best Musical. I mean, 'Curtains', 'Grey Gardens', and 'Spring Awakening', I could realistically see situations where any of these three could win. And I wouldn't mind any of them. But then I remember 'Spamalot' and 'Jersey Boys' and I get all nervous that 'Mary Poppins' will win...

Think Mr. "you're projecting your intellectualism" will be at the Tonys as well? I did so enjoy his opinions at the Drama Desk awards. ^_^

americanboy99
#66re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 5:36pm

"Think Mr. "you're projecting your intellectualism" will be at the Tonys as well? I did so enjoy his opinions at the Drama Desk awards. ^_^ "

Huh? Were you referring to me?

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#67re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 5:47pm

Oh god that would be great! Make him a presenter. It would be one of the better parts of the evening.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#68re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 5:53pm

""Think Mr. "you're projecting your intellectualism" will be at the Tonys as well? I did so enjoy his opinions at the Drama Desk awards. ^_^ "

Huh? Were you referring to me?"

Depends. Do you think all Chinese people are barbarians who just plain don't understand that white people are better? Do you have a tendency to overuse the word "warrior"? Are you prone to bleating "you are projecting your intellectualism on people that have no idea what you are talking about" to old ladies who aren't fortunate enough to have escaped conversation with you?

'Cos if that's you, then I think you're a folk hero around these parts. But I sadly doubt it is you. re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?

americanboy99
#69re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 6:05pm

Well, you had arrows pointing up and mine was the next post up. So...

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
americanboy99
#71re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 6:11pm

OHH!!!!

haha!

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#72re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 7:42pm

"I think Mary Louise Wilson is the only lock in the acting catagories this year. "

I dont think Wilson is exactly a lock. I can see Karen Ziemba taking Supporting Actress from her, quite possibly.
And I really hope Pierce or Cerveris take the Tony from Esparza. That would be both a suprise and a night-maker for me come June 10th...

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#73re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 7:50pm

110 for revival? Musto thought it between COMPANY and ACL, which seemed odd.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

TapTapTapioca
#74re: What will be the biggest Tony Surprise?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 8:14pm

Ebersole has been compared to Angela Lansbury and Ethel Merman for God's sake! Why should she lose?

For the same reason that Ethel Merman lost for GYPSY and Angela Lansbury will lose this year (although DEUCE isn't her at her best)!

I shave me Xanadu every morning!