BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#1BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 1:34am

What was the best musical you have seen at the Grad School level and where?

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#2re: BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 1:37am

hands down jacksonville community college. no competition

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 1:40am

I saw an excellent community college production of JCS...the percussion teacher played Jesus and was great. :)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Julian2
#3re: BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 1:51am

North Carolina School of the Arts 50th anniversary production of West Side Story directed by Gereld Freeman and Music Direction by John Mauceri.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

erinrebecca
#4re: BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 8:19am

Since when is community college, grad school?

The shows done by Steinhardt at NYU usually include students from both undergrad and grad programs and some that I've seen have been excellent. Their production of Ragtime was terrific.

There are very few graduate musical theatre programs so the opportunity to see grad school musicals is very limited.

ComaBaby01 Profile Photo
ComaBaby01
#5re: BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 9:52am

I heard The Awakening at Tisch a year or two back was great. I have the recording they sent out and different versions of a couple songs. It's beautiful music.

"Love all; Trust a few; Do wrong to none." --William Shakespeare

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#6re: BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 1:11pm

I'm looking for a list of grad schools with a musical theatre program. Any help?

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

BtMartin25
#7re: BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 1:14pm

there are MANY threads about this. just search musical theatre colleges.

also,if you go to collegeconfidential.com there is a whole section devoted to the musical theatre major.

bt

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#8re: BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 5/30/07 at 3:12pm

There's also the student board...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

eturner Profile Photo
eturner
#9re: BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 11/24/08 at 11:13am

How hard is it to get into NYU'S Steinhardt for M.M concentrate on Musical Theater?

Liz Turner Singer-Actor-Dancer-Radio lizturnermusic@gmail.com www.lizturnersings.com *Contact me for private voice, piano, and clarinet lessons in Boston area or on Skype!

bwaylvsong
#10re: BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 11/24/08 at 11:42am

My University's production of Threepenny, with Undergrads, Grads, and a Professor. No, I wasn't in it, but I operated the soundboard.

How to Survive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brmKzcS6CS8

Tango Ballad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D33AWkffax0&feature=channel

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#11re: BEST GRAD/UNIVERSITY MUSICAL?
Posted: 11/24/08 at 1:41pm

I saw FLOYD COLLINS at Steinhardt. Beautiful. Bawled my eyes out. Homer and Floyd were just... out of this world.

And I know it isn't a musical, but Brown University/Trinity Rep Consortium in Providence, RI did HEDDA GABLER last year and it was absolutely stunning. Brown/Trinity does some of the most exquisite theatre I've ever seen, Graduate or otherwise.

Videos