pixeltracker

Regis and Kelly Broadway Week- Page 11

Regis and Kelly Broadway Week

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#250re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/8/07 at 10:49am

The number on Regis and Kelly this morning was horrible, just for the fact that it was so obviously click tracked. It seemed like there were about 10 chorus members used out of the entire ensemble from this show. I enjoyed the number in the theatre, but it was definitely lacking today.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#251re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/8/07 at 11:06am

I still have the damn song stuck in my head. I think I'll stick with the movie version instead.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#252re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/8/07 at 11:12am

I just viewed the GG clip. It wasn't terrible-couldn't hear Christine very well, I must say. (maybe Erin was over-miked. Anyone else notice this?)
I too was glad Neil Patrick was there to keep Kelly from opening her mouth, except to tell Christine Ebersole to have a Tony speech prepared. (I could've said that! Would I?! No.)

Overall, not too bad.

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

ashley0139
#253re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/8/07 at 11:47am

Even in the studio, Christine was much softer than Erin. It was a little strange.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#254re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:52pm

I thought NPH did a great job of finessing what he actually thought of The Pirate Queen -- he basically said that one of his friends was in it and it's really a shame that it is closing without feeling that he had to gush about how great it was.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

Jonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
#255re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/8/07 at 12:57pm

From what I saw on the show.... Grey Gardens looks BAD! Wasnt impressed at all!

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#256re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/8/07 at 4:45pm

Which kids were on the show today? I couldn't tell.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#257re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/8/07 at 4:53pm

Matthew and I think Devynn.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

#258re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/8/07 at 5:01pm

Jay I thought we were told that they were perfoming Step in Time on the Tonys?

One reason I bet they did Supercalif... besides the obvious audience familiarity is the performance space on Regis and Kelly is *TINY*--smaller than the View's and certainly smaller than the Tonys. Step in Time requires a lot of movement, no?

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#259re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/8/07 at 5:21pm

Eric-that's what I thought too! that Mary Poppins is going to perform , "Step In Time" but I think I read somewhere (not 100 % sure ? ) that Disney would not wanted to install all the extra riggings for Gavin Lee's number, if youve seen the show , the number required an intricate riggings for Gavin Lee to hang from right to left then upside down by the stage proscenium and the Radio City Hall has a wider stage proscenium, which will post a major problem , but anything can happen- I hope he'll do the number and I think Yankeefan would be able to answer this question better than me ... he's very well informed =)

J*
Updated On: 6/8/07 at 05:21 PM

Videos