pixeltracker

Regis and Kelly Broadway Week- Page 3

Regis and Kelly Broadway Week

gymdudeva
#50re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 12:51pm

luv: I also had trouble understanding your post. It's not just gman.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#51re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 12:53pm

And you didn't feel the need to be snippy about it, so I'll return the same courtesy. re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week What's not making sense? I didn't do it on purpose or anything. =P

A work of art is an invitation to love.

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#52re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 12:54pm

Emcee - Didn't you just say that the producers should have chosen to save Being Alive for the Tonys? Or, have used it as a marketing tool earlier, back when they could have saved the show from it's current financial situation?

Or maybe it's Monday and I don't understand either... :P

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

gman07 Profile Photo
gman07
#53re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 12:54pm

Ok I give. PLEASE I can't stand it any longer. WTF did you say?

luvtheEmcee
#54re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 12:59pm

Jenna, yeah, basically. Earlier in the show's run, Raúl wasn't doing Being Alive at ANY of the publicity events because they didn't want to "give it away." If they didn't want to ruin THE most explosive moment of the show, I feel like they might as well just keep the number under wraps a few more days and reveal it to the public at the Tonys. I think having him do it on TV twice the week leading up will make his Tony performance (which, arguably, could go down in history as one of the greatest of all time, IMO) much less exciting. What I said about the writing being on the wall... I just mean that since they didn't have significant television appearances earlier on -- before it was clear the show was pretty near closing and it wouldn't make a difference anyway -- weird decisions shouldn't be particularly surprising.

Make sense?

Updated On: 6/4/07 at 12:59 PM

gymdudeva
#55re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 1:04pm

If the powers that be were so concerned about "giving away" Being Alive, you'd think they would save it the extra four days until the Tonys and just keep overexposing Marry Me a Little. That choice puzzles me, though if they waited to do significant TV press until the writing was very clearly on the wall, then nothing should stump me, I guess.

See what Jenna says. That's my basic question. And "that choice" confuses me...do you mean giving away Being Alive, saving it, and/or overexposing Marry Me a Little? And I am not sure what "the writing on the wall" means in this context.

EDIT: Never mind, you explained it all, thanks!!!
Updated On: 6/4/07 at 01:04 PM

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#56re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 1:04pm

Made sense to me the first time.

I missed the performance today, but I'll catch it on Youtube. I do love that song.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

gman07 Profile Photo
gman07
#57re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 1:05pm

Oh.... Now I get it, Thanks for explaining. Actually I was not trying to be (as you say) "Snippy" I truly did not understand what you had written. I did not intend to come off as being rude to you and I'm sorry you took it that way.

gymdudeva
#58re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 1:06pm

GROUP HUG!!!!

luvtheEmcee
#59re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 1:07pm

Apology accepted. re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week Sorry I was rude in misunderstood return.

i.heart.link Profile Photo
i.heart.link
#60re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 1:10pm

Is the video of Spring Awakening available anywhere yet?

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#61re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 1:47pm

I thought it was nice to see Spring Awakening do something different. The little talk afterwards was cute.

usmma2010 Profile Photo
usmma2010
#62re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 2:17pm

i agree, though i to am waiting for the youtube video, dont do sadness/blue wind is perhapes one of the best songs if not the best song in the show, a shame they dont do it more often

"and in the end the love you make is equal to the love you take"

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#63re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 2:37pm

any video link :P?

goofy108 Profile Photo
goofy108
#64re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 2:44pm

it was just on this morning. it usually takes a good day or so for someone to post a performance.

#65re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:10pm

I guess the arrangement was to fit into a smaller timeslot but I woulda rather they had done the full track (with dialogue missing I suppose) and cut the pointless talk after.

(Instead, as peopel said, we got Spring and Summer and then we got Dont' Do Sadness with I believe the first verses of it (that open the track on the CD) but with the Spring and SUmmer counterpoint coming in *immediately* so we never got Sadness solo. Oh well (it came to just under 3 mins I think too)

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#66re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:38pm

Did Bryant and/or Kelly manage any reasonably intelligible comments between them? Was the audience reaction good?

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#67re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:38pm

Double post - apologies Updated On: 6/4/07 at 04:38 PM

Craww
#68re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 4:50pm

I wasn't crazy about the arrangement, but understood why they did it that way and thought they both did well. I'm still happy this is the song they chose for this.

John Gallagher Jr. seemed so wary and subdued with the entire rock and roll aspect of the song removed. You could see how focused he was on singing in tune. re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week

Earlier in the show's run, Raúl wasn't doing Being Alive at ANY of the publicity events because they didn't want to "give it away."

The reason it was so confusing in the first place is because it's difficult to tell if you're saying "they should have just waited" or (with the writing on the wall bit) "it's understandable that they've given that up, because their imminent closing negates that precaution". Or if you're saying both and playing your own devil's advocate.

#69re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:03pm

Nothing too intelligent--they seemd like they were gonna ask John about his character but instead it was all about his hair and then they went on about how last year she won some go go dancing award on their show (??)

Wow Bryant is one smug prick--or sorry, that's how he comes off. He just oozes sleaze eck.

E

luvtheEmcee
#70re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:24pm

I'm not smart enough to play my own devil's advocate. re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week I think that one, if "giving it away" was such an issue for all of those months, they should wait until the Tonys let the cat out of the bag (what's four days?) and that two, they should have, in an ideal world, been doing appearances on TV way, way before this. They should've been working to reach a wider audience way before closing was probably around the corner -- I don't know anything for certain, but it seems like they're at a point where the grosses have fallen so low that turning it around would be really difficult. Why there wasn't more proactive press is a little bit puzzling. Pre-Tony season, they only had one TV appearance, and it wasn't even on a major show. Almost every other show appeared on The View, which could have been a huge help to Company.

Updated On: 6/4/07 at 05:24 PM

#71re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:34pm

Well there was the Rosie/Raul factor for the View, no?

I agree totally with what you're saying--I don't find it too odd they're pimping the show out this week now though--obviously their "don't spoil the big moment" theory wasn't working and it was smart to exploit it instead

luvtheEmcee
#72re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:38pm

That could certainly be part of it, but I don't know the real reason. I think it's probably also fair to assume that there's not much money floating around to spend on publicity, though. Either way, I was just using The View as an example.

I think it'd just be a shame if he did Being Alive on TV two days in a row, and that by Sunday, it wasn't a big deal anymore. I mean, I suppose better late than never to push a show, but that doesn't excuse being passive for what, seven months?

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#73re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:42pm

why wouldn't they do Someone is Waiting?

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

#74re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:45pm

I'm obviously slueless--what's the other show he's singing it on

Videos