pixeltracker

Regis and Kelly Broadway Week- Page 4

Regis and Kelly Broadway Week

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#75re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:46pm

It's pretty and he does a fantastic job with it, because it's so beautifully understated. They should make better use of it.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

luvtheEmcee
#76re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:48pm

I read that he's going to be on some CBS morning show on Thursday, and that he's doing Being Alive. I'm hoping maybe it was a miscommunication - do Marry Me a Little one day and Being Alive the other, or something.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#77re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:50pm

I agree with you Emcee. They should have saved it for the Tonys, but oh well. Regardless, I still think Raul's performance will be a highlight of the night.

misschung
#78re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:57pm

I think they should have saved it too. Granted, I am not opposed to hearing Raul sing that song every day of the week, but I was hoping the Tony's would be the big bang performance. But viewers who watch the morning show may not even be following the Tonys, and might not even notice that he's performing it twice.

It's too bad they werent on Ellen or Oprah or something too - instead of all the post Idol people

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?
Updated On: 6/4/07 at 05:57 PM

luvtheEmcee
#79re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 5:59pm

Doing something else from the show wouldn't be defeatist, though. Not to mention that Being Alive is so not an early morning song.

misschung
#80re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:02pm

oh no I meant doing the same song twice. I would say You Could Drive a Person Crazy, but they already did that, didnt they? So many of the songs from that show arent exactly 5 am friendly, lol.

The morning star always gets wonderful bright the minute before it has to go --doesn't it?

#81re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:11pm

Chung--the prob is Ellen and Oprah aren't filmed in New York--so it's hard to schedule even if they wanted to...

Another thought on Being Alive--mayeb they dont' wanna do a performance with the cast playign their own instruments? I have no idea why as that's part of the appeal for some--but it also might come off as "weird" to the unwashed masses

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#82re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:14pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkZkw6ttZq4

Spring Awakening

SH*Tty quality though. Updated On: 6/4/07 at 06:14 PM

luvtheEmcee
#83re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:14pm

Well, if we're to assume the financial issue surrounding the Tony performance would carry over to other television performances, whether they want the cast play instruments or not, artistically, is moot. There are only a limited number of songs Raul can do alone if he's the only one getting out there.

I wouldn't have so much a problem with something that's been done already as I would with the idea of doing the same thing two days in a row, but apparently it'll be two different songs, so that's also moot. re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week

#84re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:19pm

So what is the show he's doing before and is it nationwide? When Company performed before on some UPN or Fox morning show it wasn't carried in my market (my closest American feed is Seattle)

E

misschung
#85re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:21pm

thanks for the link becoz - my tv has been down lately bc of the storms up here.

Eric - you're right. Wasn't Ellen in NY at one point, tho? Who knows... it doesnt matter at this point.

So wait, did we say what Raul is performing on cbs, and did I totally miss it?

luvtheEmcee
#86re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:23pm

So wait, did we say what Raul is performing on cbs, and did I totally miss it?

No.

Regis and Kelly is nationwide, isn't it?

#87re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:26pm

yeah you'd have to work hard to avoid Regis and Kelly (in canada we get it on a Canadian network and on the american feeds)

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#88re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:32pm

The only charitable thing I can say is maybe these are considered rehearsals for Raul - after all, he hasn't sung BEING ALIVE out of context before for publicity purposes. Now I'm wondering if they will have a pianist do the Tunnick "orchestrations" for these performances, if they are different from the piano accompaniment in the Campbell score, just to get him used to that, too. I won't mind if these two morning shows take the edge off for Sunday night because I want him to blow the roof off Radio City Music Hall at the Tonys.

LilBwayLady Profile Photo
LilBwayLady
#89re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:38pm

When did they do Spring Awakening and what song did they do from it?

"A new chance, one that maybe has a touch of romance" -Jekyll & Hyde

misschung
#90re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 6:41pm

the link is a few posts above

bwaybabe3
#91re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 7:00pm

thanks for the link becoz. if i had never seen the show i might have thought that was all one song. drums would have been nice though, but i'm a stickler for watching john rock out :P

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#92re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 7:07pm

i wasnt too impressed with that performance. both Lauren's and John's voices just sounded a strained, and just not as full as they usually are. and the song was just kind of awkward on the show, just out of context.
but the interview was cute :)

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#93re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 7:14pm

It was early in the morning and they have both had vocal issues recently.

Rotel1026
#94re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 9:46pm

Here's the link to Regis and Kelly's website, it's been updated with the Spring Awakening performance and it'll probably be updated with every day's performance so no need to wait on someone to put it on Youtube.

http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/regisandkelly/special/broadwayweek/index.html

So isn't the Today Show and The Early Show supposed to have performances this week too?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#95re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 10:35pm

Haven't seen SPRING AWAKENING as of yet and keen on totally avoiding listening to it beforehand, today's LIVE WITH REGIS & KELLY gig was my first exposure (aside from the choice photos of the show here and there).

Simply beautiful, and I look forward to seeing the show for the first time in a few weeks.

The performance actually made me excited to hear the rest of the score, so it was a good choice to perform what they did, regardless what all you naysayers say.

bwaylover2 Profile Photo
bwaylover2
#96re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/4/07 at 10:46pm

yes she did on oprah she was amazing

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#97re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/5/07 at 12:56am

BrodyFosse, thanks for your post. It's always valuable to hear the opinion of those who havn't seen or heard the show since, of course, those are the people that this performance was trying to reach. Those of us who have seen the show so many times knows that this song can be 10 times more electric, so boy, are you in for a treat when you see the show!

BeCoz--how long have they been having vocal problems? Is it a cold, or is 8 performances a week beginning to take their toll? I noticed that John couldn't reach the high notes as easily...you got me worried.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#98re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/5/07 at 9:05am

CURTAINS today! Those of you who can, watch for those of us who can't. re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Yankeefan007
#99re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
Posted: 6/5/07 at 9:41am

Excellent performance of Show People.

Brilliant exposure of the show with the entire cast present.
Updated On: 6/5/07 at 09:41 AM