Pink Floyd - The Wall

Forester Profile Photo
Forester
#1Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:03am

Any latest news on this? Seems like taking forever, not suprising seeing that Roger Waters' been on tour for the last 2 years.

desiree armfeldt Profile Photo
desiree armfeldt
#2re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/18/07 at 7:25am

I saw this thread and got very excited hoping that someone might want to teach me how to do the pink floyd/wizard of oz thing.....I guess not. re: Pink Floyd - The Wall

SeanMartin Profile Photo
SeanMartin
#2re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/18/07 at 10:29am

The WOZ thing isnt "The Wall"; it's "Dark Side of the Moon". The moment the MGM lion stops, hit "play".

http://docandraider.com

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#3re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:21am

its unoffical name is Dark side of the rainbow. There are places thatsell the vdeo of it already synced to the album.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#4re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/18/07 at 11:22am

I was hoping it was news about the musical.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#5re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/18/07 at 2:39pm

The wikipedia article on Dark Side of the Rainbow is plenty thorough. But trust me, it's not that cool. I'll bet it's a lot more fascinating when you're high, though.

It keeps getting mentioned in Roger Waters interviews that he IS working on it, just as recently as March. I wonder if he and Dave Gilmour still aren't clashing over the three songs Gilmour shares writing credit for. By all accounts, while they managed to put their differences aside for Live 8, they're still not particularly friendly. I've been looking through Waters interviews that include the subject, and one of the difficulties he's mentioned is getting the ending right.

I really wish they'd just release the original concerts on DVD.
Updated On: 6/18/07 at 02:39 PM

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#6re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/18/07 at 2:41pm

You should retitle this thread:

Antonijan - The Wall

"Have they come yet?"

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#7re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/18/07 at 8:09pm

Waters owns all the rights to the wall. He left the band and said to them that there is noway that you guys can be successful without me. Floyed released two albums without Roger that were successful. Roger sued the band and got all their material as well as the Pink Floyd name.

They hardly got thier act together for live 8. They were pretty close to not even going on. And Roger did say in interviews that he knew that fans were crossing thier fingers in hopes of a reunion tour but He sad right away that there are no chnaes of that ever going to happen. So, that show that thery only got thier acts togther for live 8 and then left.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#8re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/18/07 at 9:46pm

Waters owns all of The Wall EXCEPT, as I said, the three tracks that Gilmour shares writing credit for (Young Lust, Comfortably Numb, and Run Like Hell). I know he has permission to perform those three numbers in concert, but I'm pretty sure that using them in a musical would require more negotiations with Gilmour. However, I don't think Waters got the rights to the rest of the Pink Floyd material. Probably The Final Cut, because he obviously wrote ALL of that, but I don't think the rest of the band ever fought over that one.

Also, Roger Waters definitely didn't get them to retire the name Pink Floyd. Gilmour, Nick Mason, and later Richard Wright after he re-joined the group were still touring years later. However, they did have to pay Waters for using certain images (like the inflatable pig) that are associated with The Wall.

It's certainly no secret that there's a LOT of bad blood between Pink Floyd members. However, their mentionings of each other in interviews and such at least seem to grow a little nicer as the years go by. I'd be really shocked if they ever reformed, though. I mean...they couldn't even all perform together at the Syd Barrett memorial.

Roscoe
#9re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/19/07 at 7:14am

Don't hold your breath for this to ever happen as a Broadway musical.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#10re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/19/07 at 6:22pm

I will asphyxiate myself if I want to! re: Pink Floyd - The Wall

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#11re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/19/07 at 6:28pm

Not a lot of people know this, but there already was a Broadway musical of The Wall. See my avatar for my opening night Playbill. It ran for 17 previews and 58 performances back in 1994, closing sadly after Brantley Riedel wrote an expose on the stage manager's scandalous undertakings (which were SO scandalous I can't even bring myself to write about them!). It's a real shame a cast recording was never made; Eyedina Espinenzel was never better, and Daundra McMurphy really truly deserved to win the Featured Actress in a Musical Tony, especially over that Audra Ann McDonald, whoever she is!!!

I still live in hope there'll be a revival one day, but I understand Mr. Floyd was pretty disappointed with the treatment and cast. I guess he just doesn't understand theatre...

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#12re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/19/07 at 6:51pm

Weez-I thought you were serious for a second. Now I feel dumb re: Pink Floyd - The Wall

proptart101
#13re: Pink Floyd - The Wall
Posted: 6/20/07 at 8:47pm

For a fun diversion try looking up the group Voices On The Dark Side who have done a full acapella version of "Dark Side Of The Moon".

You can find it on itunes.

It's wild -

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood. " - Tom Robbins

Videos