Saycon Sengbloh??

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#1Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/27/07 at 10:07pm

will someone please tell me why she is not full time elphaba by now???...she is amazing...she was standby for a while and was never promoted to full time..not even on tour or chicago..but i think she could def handle it on broadway....anyone know why she isn't doing wicked anymore?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2re: Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/27/07 at 10:22pm

She's currently standing by for Celie and Nettie in "The Color Purple" (though she's only doing the show for six weeks until Montego Glover returns.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

MungoGypsy8232
#2re: Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/27/07 at 10:34pm

I didn't know that! That's so exciting! I love Saycon. I hope she stays with the company of The Color Purple as a fulltime Nettie when Darlesia leaves. When does Saycon leave?

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#3re: Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/27/07 at 10:40pm

Who?

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

broadwayguy2
#4re: Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/27/07 at 10:42pm

amazing? at what?

pants2 Profile Photo
pants2
#5re: Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/27/07 at 10:54pm

saycon was never promoted because while she does have an exceptional voice her acting was eh...

and she couldn't even handle doing all of her shows as a standby i don't think she's built for 8 shows a week.

Can, can I have it?

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#6re: Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/27/07 at 11:17pm

Interesting, as I never thought Saycon would bother returning to TCP. I commend her, though, for getting the work that she does; a pretty impressive resume for someone I always found to be bland to passable.

broadwayguy2
#7re: Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/27/07 at 11:23pm

very, very bland....

rgaywrites Profile Photo
rgaywrites
#8re: Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/28/07 at 12:32am

She can sing quite well but her acting is tragically bad. It is hard to sit through her performances. She's very forced, at times over enthusiastic and she over elocutes a great deal of her dialogue. I'm always happy to see performers get work, but she could stand to invest in a few acting lessons.

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#9re: Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/28/07 at 12:44am

She over elocutes? Really? Way to make up a word...

rgaywrites Profile Photo
rgaywrites
#10re: Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/28/07 at 1:31am

ShuQ: I didn't make up a word.

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

Elocute: To practise elocution; to declaim in an elocutionary manner.

Elocution: The art of public speaking so far as it regards delivery, pronunciation, tones, and gestures; manner or style of oral delivery.

Thusly, to over elocute is to speak, publicly, in an exaggerated manner.

Updated On: 6/28/07 at 01:31 AM

jmponstage Profile Photo
jmponstage
#11re: Saycon Sengbloh??
Posted: 6/28/07 at 2:03am

the only thing i've seen her do is mimi in rent a couple years ago. she was excellent in it - though a little pitchy at times. one of the best without you renditions i have heard though.