pixeltracker

This is my response to anyone that criticizes Charlotte D'Amboise

This is my response to anyone that criticizes Charlotte D'Amboise

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1This is my response to anyone that criticizes Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:06pm

Broadway.com:How do you keep from doing that? What's your maintenance like?

Charlotte: I go to acupuncture on my day off. I'm about to go have 30 needles in my back. It's a constant—I get to the theater at 6 and do a really good warm-up before every performance. I do Pilates. I see a vocal coach and vocalize every day. When I get home, I take a bath and I stretch pretty much every night. And I also ice after the show. It's constant maintenance. And then you deal with injuries. By the time I was doing Chicago, I could pretty much just show up and do it. I could get through without a voice; I could not dance it so hard; I could work around injuries. But this show I can't. I can't work around anything.

Guys, to all the ones that critize her, take the time to read this:

http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=546375&pn=1

Also by the end of this clip she talks about "A Chorus Line", the audition, etc.

http://www.theatre.com/html/id/3004844

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-
Updated On: 7/4/07 at 01:06 PM

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:07pm

You just said the same thing in another thread directly below this one.

Why create another thread and waste space? And if you ARE going to start a new one, at least spell "criticizes" right.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 7/4/07 at 01:07 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:08pm

I like her, but everyone's going to find a way to disagree and argue.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

muscle23ftl
#3re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:09pm

I posted this in another thread because husk's thread was about Jane Krakowski, and this has nothing to do with Jane.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

muscle23ftl
#4re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:11pm

You're happy now somethingwicked?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#5re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:11pm

Okay, but even so-- I don't get how this quote proves anything.

Though I don't have strong feelings one way or the other, the role is a difficult one that requires her to work hard and have to get treatment to keep up her stamina. No one's denying that (which is all that part of the interview is expressing.)

It doesn't change why people would dislike her performance or criticize her for taking matinee's off. No other Cassie has needed to do that in the past, and if they can put up with such a difficult role for a long period of time (and do it well,) why can't Charlotte?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#6re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:15pm

How many matinees is she getting off, just Wednesdays or Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday?

instant karma Profile Photo
instant karma
#7re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:15pm

I don't get your point muscle. If someone doesn't like the way she performs the role, you respond by telling them how hard she warmed up?

muscle23ftl
#8re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:16pm

You know, I just find it offensive that someone created a thread saying that she is lazy, we just don't know her, or what the hell she is going through, or how much time she gets to spend with her kids, or anything, why are these people judging her?

That's why I posted this, I put myself in the place of her, or anyone who works her/his butt off, and then having to read this, and it's just unfair. I just want to say that she is a natural, her movements are so delicate, she is such a trained professional, she really deserves more respect than that, not like she really cares what a few of 15yo hidden behind a pic of Christine Ebersole or whoever, say about her on the net, but if she ever reads this site, which I doubt, it'd be great if she happens to read that a lot of people like myself, have a lot of respect for her as the amazing artist that she is.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#9re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:17pm

Oy. This will only spark more bashing.

*Remembers the days when Charlotte was a constant replacement, and everyone couldn't wait for her chance to shine.*

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#10re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:21pm

>I put myself in the place of her, or anyone who works her/his butt off, and then having to read this, and it's just unfair.<

Which has never stopped you from trashing other shows.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

muscle23ftl
#11re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:24pm

But it's always me, one person, not everyone ganging up on one single performer.

instant karma
#12re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:25pm

Cause everyone met up one say and said "OK, let's go after Charlotte next." You don't think it's odd that a lot of people share one opinion? Does that say something to you?

muscle23ftl
#13re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:25pm

"I don't get your point muscle. If someone doesn't like the way she performs the role, you respond by telling them how hard she warmed up?"

That was just a quote from the interview, go ahead and read the entire thing.

muscle23ftl
#14re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:27pm

"Cause everyone met up one say and said "OK, let's go after Charlotte next." You don't think it's odd that a lot of people share one opinion? Does that say something to you?"

Can you say that with a straight face when you have a pic of Britney Spears dancing holding a snake as your avatar?

Thanks for the laugh buddy!

Johnnytoc
#15re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:32pm

Oy. This is getting ridiculous. There's no need for this thread when you made the Exact post in another. re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#16re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:35pm

>But it's always me, one person, not everyone ganging up on one single performer.<

There's no difference. You're a hypocrite.

muscle23ftl
#17re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:39pm

You don't know me.

instant karma
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#19re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:41pm

'Cause we tell them the truth!
Who you drawing?
Who the hell you think you're drawing?
Me?
You don't know me!
Go on drawing,
Since you're drawing only what you want to see,
Anyway!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#20re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:41pm

While I agree with you that Charlotte doesn't deserve the bashing, this wasn't the proper way to bring it up again.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

muscle23ftl
#21re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:46pm

What's the proper way?

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#22re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:46pm

So, if I tell you that Alan Bennett did kick boxing and squats and crunches every time he sat down to write The History Boys, does that mean you will suddenly appreciate his effort?

muscle23ftl
#23re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:48pm

LOL! That's funny, I critized the play that didn't keep me awake, but I thought the acting was good. Alan was just fine.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#24re: This is my response to anyone that critizices Charlotte D'Amboise
Posted: 7/4/07 at 1:49pm

Certainly most logical people can appreciate the effort she puts into keeping herself in shape to perform the role, but it doesn't mean they can't have an opinion on what they want to see put in the role.

Of course, there are varying degrees of logic in that regard as well...

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Videos