Tamyra Gray in Rent

BroadwayRandy0711 Profile Photo
BroadwayRandy0711
#1Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:08pm

To avoid a double post I tried, unsuccessfully, to look up whether or not Tamyra Gray is still out due to her injury. Does anyone know if she has gone back on since she left the show earlier this month and if not, when will she return?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

erinrebecca
#2re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:10pm

She's back.

BroadwayRandy0711 Profile Photo
BroadwayRandy0711
#2re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:13pm

A friend just got back from tonight's show and he said that she was out. I was just curious. Do you know how long she is contracted with the show?

courtney4
#3re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:14pm

She's gonna be there until November

Ant254
#4re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:17pm

Do You Think She Will Extend Her Contract In November. She Plays A Really Good Mimi.

courtney4
#5re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:22pm

I'm not so sure about that. She probably wants to do some more with her music career, but ya never know.

Ant254
#6re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:26pm

In My Opinion If Tamyra Gray Does Not Extend Her Contract. They Should Audition A Brand New Girl For Playing Mimi. One Who Has Never Been In Rent. That Should Attract More People To See The Show.

courtney4
#7re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:30pm

They should but they probably won't. Rent loves to recycle people.

Ant254
#8re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:33pm

Then Again You Can't Fix What's Not Broken. If Recycling People Is What Works Then Thats Good. But If Fresh New Talent Joined The Cast And They Advertised Well. I Think It Can Be Just As Big As It Was In 1996.

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#9re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:38pm

That Is Nice Ant Why Are You Typing like This ?

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

Ant254
#10re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:40pm

I don't know

Ant254
#11re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:59pm

Do you think Antonique Smith will ever come back to Rent again or that was her final performance?

chino Profile Photo
chino
#12re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/26/07 at 12:23am

Saw her today and she's amazing!!!!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#13re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/26/07 at 12:34am

Good to know. I see her Monday evening! (along with Adam and Anthony)

jarred03
#14re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/26/07 at 12:27pm

tAMYRA ROCKS i THINK SHE'S BETTER, BUT STILL A LITTLE HURT SO THEY ARE EASING HER BACK IN THE SHOW, SHE IS ALSO DOING THE catch me if you can WORKSHOP. AND TODAY IS HER BIRTHDAY SO HAPPY BDAY TAMYRA!

courtney4
#15re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/26/07 at 12:31pm

"Do you think Antonique Smith will ever come back to Rent again or that was her final performance?"

I think after coming back twice Antonique is done with Rent. She has her music career to focus on now.

Actinggbugg474
#16re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/26/07 at 12:44pm

I'm also seeing the show Monday and I'm actually really excited. Anthony, Adam, Tamyra, and Merle ..... sounds like a great cast!!!!

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#17re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/26/07 at 7:07pm

I think after coming back twice Antonique is done with Rent. She has her music career to focus on now.

Please, I think after coming back twice in less than a year, it only proves that Antonique will use any excuse to come back to Rent- even at the expense of her "music career".

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#18re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/26/07 at 8:16pm

Merle is the best Joanne I've ever seen, she really works the phone scenes perfectly.
Tamyra will be wonderful, Im sorry Im missing her Mimi, but at least I got to see her in Bombay Dreams twice, she was phenomenal, she is so gifted.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#19re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/26/07 at 8:18pm

oops wrong..sorry

J* Updated On: 7/26/07 at 08:18 PM

goofy108 Profile Photo
goofy108
#20re: Tamyra Gray in Rent
Posted: 7/26/07 at 8:42pm

has anyone come across any "footage" of her in the show?
im interested.

Videos