The Glorious Ones

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#2re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/4/07 at 12:29pm

Pennsylvania somewhere=Pittsburgh

I saw the third preview. Personally, I loved it. Apparently, it had been re-tooled a lot in Pittsburgh, so I don't know what changes were made. It flowed seamlessly from dialogue into song. It's a character study more so than a plot driven show.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

LostLeander
#2re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/4/07 at 12:34pm

I saw the very first public performance of the show.

I thought it was OK with some nice songs. Nothing too great.

I really hope they retooled a lot of it.

There's another thread on this if you want to do a search with more detailed analysis of the show.

Personally, I think I have too much bloom.

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#3re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/4/07 at 3:42pm

I saw it, I was pretty dissapointed. There's a few really great songs, but that was the only positive of the show. It needs a lot of work, but we'll see what happens it's off-broadway.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#4re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/4/07 at 8:06pm

I'm planning on seeing it this winter in New York. I hope it's good.

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"

Nephritiria Profile Photo
Nephritiria
#6re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/17/07 at 7:46pm

Ya, it was in Pittsburgh at the Public Theater. I worked front of house for The Glorious Ones so I got to see it multiple times. I think it is fantastic. I would love to audition for the upcoming Lincon Center production but I'm having some trouble finding information on it. Yet, I know they need at least one position filled, because the girl who played Isabella, Jenny Powers, is currently in Grease on Broadway.

ashley0139
#7re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/17/07 at 7:57pm

I know nothing about this show, except that Erin Davie is in it. And I'm so there.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Dollypop
#8re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/17/07 at 8:17pm

..."Sorry, I wasn't sure if it was Pittsburgh or Philly!"<<<

Very few people can tell the two places apaart. That's why we need PatiB (That's how she's known to her theater pals).

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

BDrischBDemented
#9re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/17/07 at 8:38pm

Live there. You'll know the difference.

"Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

#10re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/17/07 at 8:55pm

I'd like to know if anyone out there who's read the novel has seen it. From what I've read of reviews, it seems they took a lighter approach to the material than the novel (which seems to be the norm).

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#11re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/17/07 at 9:57pm

Anyone know if Natalie Venetia Belcon will be doing this at Lincoln Center?
Thanks

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#12re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/17/07 at 10:03pm

Wait, Erin Davis is in this? I feel so misinformed.

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#13re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/18/07 at 12:12am

I know LCT members can purchase their tickets for this show beginning August 27th...

Based on the box office schedule of Cymbeline, which has Member sales from 8/15 - 8/26, and General Public sales beginning on the 27th of August, can we expect approximately two weeks of LCT member sales for The Glorious Ones as well?

I have one spot left open for my November trip to the city, and I would really like to see a new musical and, considering I already have tickets to Young Frankenstein and The Little Mermaid, I am kind of hoping for something a little... how can i put it... off the beaten path, perhaps?

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#14re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/18/07 at 3:06am

Erin Davie is the only cast member I know of.
I wish I could see this if only for her.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

ashley0139
#15re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/18/07 at 1:28pm

This was posted on ATC:
Marc Kudisch
Natalie Venetia Belcon
Erin Davie
John Kassir
David Patrick Kelly
Julyana Soelistyo
Jeremy Webb

Don't know any character names.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#16re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/18/07 at 2:07pm

Tickets on sale to general public... when?

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#17re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/18/07 at 2:35pm

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 8/18/07 at 02:35 PM

lamentingenvelope Profile Photo
lamentingenvelope
#18re: The Glorious Ones
Posted: 8/18/07 at 2:41pm

Through about the WEIRDEST glitch I've ever experienced, my last post somehow got posted under ray-andallthatjazz86's account. ??? Has that ever happened to anyone else?

Anyway, my post simply elaborated on ashley's with character names:

Marc Kudisch - Flaminio Scala
Natalie Venetia Belcon - Columbina
Erin Davie - Isabella Andreini
John Kassir - Dottore
David Patrick Kelly - Pantalone
Julyana Soelistyo - Armanda Ragusa
Jeremy Webb - Francesco Andreini

All, except for Kudisch and Davie, were in the Pittsburgh cast, and were phenomenal.

goofy108 Profile Photo
goofy108