News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jellylorum

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Member Name: Jellylorum
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: hi.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Young Frankenstein or Sunday in the Park with George?
 Nov 12 2007, 03:17:39 PM
Young Frankenstein, because Sunday won't be here during winter break (I'm assuming it's in late December).
re: Don't trust Broadwayman.com
 Oct 14 2007, 11:56:20 AM
If the playbills were in such poor condition and could not be sold, why didn't you tell him so? You could have just told him the truth and then work something out with him. It's his property and he should know what's being done with it. Instead, you lied to him by telling that you would be sending him a check. You also repeatedly ignored his emails and phone calls. Now you come over here to give this sorry thing of an excuse and try to do some more scamming?

re: So...Im going to NY during spring break...
 Oct 13 2007, 11:31:54 PM
For current shows, I recommend Avenue Q, The Drowsy Chaperone, and Curtains (if they're still open by then, that is).

Sunday in the Park with George, South Pacific, and In the Heights are supposed to be good and will be on Broadway by spring break.

re: Why Should We Be Okay With a Substitute Lead?
 Aug 21 2007, 04:58:18 AM
"It wasn't ME that saw it.. it was two friends of mine. They said she was really good. They were just dissapointed that they didn't get to see the woman who plays the role regularly, that's all."

Did they go to Mary Poppins just to see the show, or were they really intent on catching Ashley Brown? If not, then it doesn't matters if they didn't get to see Ashley. Especially since they thought the understudy was good and enjoyed her.

re: Michelle Pawk Joins 'Hairspray' 8/21
 Aug 21 2007, 04:41:42 AM
Yay, this is exciting! I'm going to watch Hairspray on my next trip to the city.
re: Why Should We Be Okay With a Substitute Lead?
 Aug 20 2007, 02:12:49 AM
If people are going to a show to see a specific person and missed him or her, they have every right to be unhappy. But should they throw a temper tantrum at the box office? No. People should know beforehand that they are taking a gamble because actors aren't robots who never get sick or have emergencies with family/friends.

As for the leads whose absences are enough to cause the world to implode (such as Patti and Christine), you can just get your tickets exchanged for another date.

re: Don't slam me...
 Aug 12 2007, 07:33:47 PM
Yeah, considering he's asking about something illegal, I thought this thread would have been deleted by now.
re: Don't slam me...
 Aug 12 2007, 09:27:41 AM
Boohoo. I'm so sorry I can't help you, but your story was so heartbreaking I'm now going to go sit in the corner of my room and cry for two hours.

re: Forbidden Broadway: Rude Awakening
 Aug 12 2007, 08:59:58 AM
I'm really excited about seeing this. This is definitely going to be on my list of shows to see on my next trip to the city.
re: Would Studio Ghibli movies make good musicals or plays?
 Aug 12 2007, 08:45:13 AM
Well, some people might pounce on the idea because Disney owns the US distribution rights for some of the Studio Ghibli movies and we have enough Disney movies turned stage musicals on Broadway.

Just kidding. Besides, they don't count as actual Disney movies. Personally, I think it'd be amazing if they could be brought to the stage. Like others have said, the fantasy movies would be hard to pull off without a big budget and a lot of creativity, though. The reality based ones such as Whisper of the Heart, Grave of the Fireflies, and I Can Hear the Sea would be easier to work with, and can turn out to be just as stunning.

I'm hesitant to share this
 Aug 11 2007, 05:27:51 AM
Like others have said, Spring Awakening did not cause the downfall of Grey Gardens. It would have closed around this time anyway even if it had won best musical. The two shows also have different target audiences, so Spring Awakening did not steal a significant amount of potential sales from Grey Gardens. Imagine 14 year old girls bringing corn to Matt Cavenaugh at the stagedoor while screaming, "I HOPE YOU LIKE MY CORN!!!1"

re: Does Where You Sit Matter?
 Aug 5 2007, 03:46:20 AM
I'm sort of a seating snob. While I prefer sitting in the orchestra, I'm fine with the mezzanine too. But it has to be in the center. I refuse to sit in the side sections, as I don't like viewing the stage from an angle. I also don't like sitting under the mezzanine when in the orchestra.

However, this applies only when I'm paying full price. I expect to get the most out of my experience when I'm paying between $60 to $120. I'm a lot less picky about seating when rushing. To me,

re: Ahhhhh when will it stop ???
 Aug 5 2007, 03:20:38 AM
In My Life was not based on an existing source, but look at how that turned out. The problem is lack of quality, not lack of originality.
re: Xanadu Band?
 Aug 4 2007, 10:06:51 PM
It's not. The libelous threads consisted of stuff along the lines of "____ died, let's party!" and "____ is high and stupid."

re: Which show would YOU be in? (now past or present)
 Aug 4 2007, 08:13:28 PM
Chicago - either Roxie or Velma would be fine
The Drowsy Chaperone - title role

As for closed shows, I think it would have been fun to play Amy in Company.

re: The Glorious Ones
 Aug 4 2007, 08:06:44 PM
I'm planning on seeing it this winter in New York. I hope it's good.
re: Looking for a NEW Kind of Broadway
 Aug 2 2007, 03:39:20 AM
The Grey Gardens tour would have been my first choice, but since it's not starting anytime soon, I'd pick either Drowsy or Spelling Bee.
re: Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Lovett
 Jul 30 2007, 01:13:30 AM
Aww, don't cry!

*tickles Izzy's baby*

re: The 'Official' Good-Bye thread to the Edies (GREY GARDENS)
 Jul 30 2007, 01:11:51 AM
Thanks for the reviews! It'd be nice to see pictures too, if anyone happened to have taken some.

I'm going to miss Grey Gardens a lot.

re: Chorus line, Curtains, or another show?
 Jul 30 2007, 12:48:11 AM
See Curtains. The cast is fabulous!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You