Blonsky to go to bway?

neddyfrank2
#25re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 1:48pm

How would it hurt her career? She is 18 and has her whole life ahead of her, doing a Broadway show won't kill her.

Virgo
#26re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 3:24pm

"As for the person who said it's fun and not draining, it takes a hell of a lot of stamina to sing and dance "You cant stop the beat" full out 8 times a week."

You need to go back and read, my comment was regarding NIKKI.

This is what was said:

"I think she could handle the 8 shows per week without a problem, especially since her role is more of a "fun" role and not as draining as say a person in a deeper role more dramatic with a heavier subject manner. "

Stop picking out one thing and learn to read what's going on before you respond. I'm not saying the role of Tracy wouldn't be draining 8 times a week. The key word was AS DRAINING. No where did I say it wouldn't be draining. Now, do you get it or do I have to break it down again?

"Try running on a treadmill and singing that song on key which is what I've seen in a few articles talking about how some Tracys have prepared for the role. "

I'm sure with proper training it wouldn't be a problem. As you said, if one practiced that on a treadmill, they likely could do it. It's called conditioning, sort of like a marathon runner. Still challenging but if you're trained to do that, you just do it.

Nikki can do this. She a peppy girl.

MerMaggieGalinda
#27re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 3:29pm

I love how some people think that Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron can do Broadway when Nikki can't. She's twice as talented as them and has more experience doing stage work. I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not to reprise her role as Tracy(maybe as a limited engagement) but I think she should pursue other roles on Broadway. And I definitely agree about Ellijah on Broadway. That guy is just..wow.

coolkid11776
#28re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 3:44pm

Is she going to go to broadway and do hairspray? I think she would be great on stage. I loved her in the movie.

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#29re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 3:53pm

"Has a show ever made drastic changes during its Broadway run- to like 'spice things up, keep it fresh'?"

I wouldn't call this a drastic change, but they added a new song in Beauty and the Beast ("Change in Me") when Toni Braxton came in as Belle. It gave whoever was playing Belle an 11 o'clock number.

Who are people to judge what Nikki is capable of? If she thinks she can handle 8 shows a week, why not?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#30re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 4:21pm

Thanks Taz !

BTW- not to threadjack..but I think my friend..Taz is the cutest guy here in BWW ! Is that right, Stagey ? re: Blonsky to go to bway? (sorry I have not chatted with you guys for a while ! )

J*
Updated On: 8/24/07 at 04:21 PM

neddyfrank2
#31re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 4:30pm

Not to threadjack..but Jaystarr..has a really weird way of typing ! re: Blonsky to go to bway?

Ivan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
#32re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 5:03pm

How do these Tracy's keep all the weight on if they are on the tread mill singing the whole score everyday than doing a show at night? Wouldn't they all be skinny?

I think Nikki should do Mama in Chicago. She might be too young, but I think she would be FANtastic.

Is she really dating Zac? Lucky girl.
Is she done doing that movie with Cuba Gooding?

"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#33re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 5:05pm

Blonsky as Mama Morton? Are you kidding me? She'd look younger than Roxie!

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

shesamarshmallow
#34re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 5:11pm

I always wondered that, Ivan - apparently they're contracted to keep a certain weight. I guess they have to eat a lot to make up for it?

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#35re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 5:15pm

I think she could it if she wanted to. I think she has it in her, and as to answer someone's question about her and Zac I believe he is dating he co-star from HSM.

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

Virgo
#36re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 5:16pm

"How do these Tracy's keep all the weight on if they are on the tread mill singing the whole score everyday than doing a show at night? Wouldn't they all be skinny? "

That's true unless they like triple up on calories but they really wouldn't have too much time for eating after a schedule like that. Perhaps some high calorie milkshakes to keep the weight up.

Ivan the Wonderful Profile Photo
Ivan the Wonderful
#37re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 5:21pm

Kelly Ozbourne is doing Mama and what is the point of the tread mill if you just have to eat alot to keep the weight on?

"you freakin freaks. get a ****in life. theres more to life than this stupid website." stage manager 2

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#38re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 6:25pm

Shannon's lost 50 pounds since she started as Tracy. mateo, the average Tracy is usually around 5'.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

mrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
#39re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 6:29pm

Starlight Express was completely overhauled a good while into its 18 year run at the Apollo Vic in London.

snl89
#40re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 6:52pm

"I love how some people think that Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron can do Broadway when Nikki can't. She's twice as talented as them and has more experience doing stage work. I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not to reprise her role as Tracy(maybe as a limited engagement) but I think she should pursue other roles on Broadway. And I definitely agree about Ellijah on Broadway. That guy is just..wow."

see, I agree with all of that except the Zac part re: Blonsky to go to bway? Vanessa I don't even think can sing well at ALL, let alone on Broadway. But I really, really think Zac is more talented than most people give him credit for.

That said, Nikki's more ready for Broadway right now than he is. I don't think Nikki would have any problem at ALL with keeping up with a show 8 times a week. She's trained for the stage- she's been doing shows for a very long time. She, just like every other stage actor, I'm sure would need to get in condition for doing it, but once she did I don't think she'd have a problem. Neither would Elijah (who NEEDS to get his butt on Broadway in ANYTHING right now please. He's far too talented not to be doing it).

Zac I think could definitely do it, but he probably would need some training before hand just to learn how to get good at preserving his voice and sing really strongly while dancing and things like that. But I really DO think he could do it. Does he have the most brilliant voice ever? not at all. In fact there are probably limited shows that, at this point, I feel he WOULD be able to do well enough for Broadway. But Hairspray is one of the ones I think he would be amazing at on stage.

ok, I'm rambling and fangirling slightly so I'll stop lol

anyway, just puttin' it out there again- GO Nikki! get yourself on Broadway, you will be brilliant! re: Blonsky to go to bway?

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.
Updated On: 8/24/07 at 06:52 PM

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#41re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/24/07 at 7:04pm

How do these Tracy's keep all the weight on if they are on the tread mill singing the whole score everyday than doing a show at night? Wouldn't they all be skinny?

Kind of unrelated, but I remember reading something about Ricki Lake, and she was saying how when she was filming Hairspray, she was dancing so much, she was losing weight. So, they had what she called "fat time" (I think) and she would have to eat protein bars and things like that.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#42re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/25/07 at 2:32am

I think Nikki would be a great Broadway Tracy.

musicman_17082
#43re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/25/07 at 3:53am

If Zac Efron showed his plastic face on the Broadway stage I would be kicked out of the theater for assault/battery/all-of-the-above on account of thrusting sharp projectile objects at the stage in his direction!

There is no way he is even NEAR ready for Broadway. Ugh. I just threw up in my mouth.

If Nikki showed her face on stage, life would be made right again.

re: Blonsky to go to bway?

Parks
#44re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/25/07 at 4:14am

According to Us weekly, Zac didn't tour with High School Musical because he said if he had to hear the music from HSM anymore, he would want to jump off something really high.

Now, he's done Hairspray the movie. He probably wouldn't want to do the stage version if he gets sick of music so quickly.

Then again... it's HSM vs. Hairspray. Bad music vs. good.

Meh, just an observation :).

Also--Zac is too hot to go into the Broadway show. It would cost a FORTUNE to get him into the show I bet.

Whoever said she probably wouldn't have time in her schedule to eat enough to maintain her weight...

as a proud ex-member of the obese club, I can say that it is quite easy to eat enough to stay obese (and even gain weight) by eating a large meal in under 10 minutes. re: Blonsky to go to bway? Surely she has 30 minutes in her day to eat! She's only doing the show for a few hours a day!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA

Parks
#45re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/25/07 at 4:14am

Double post! Sorry!

"If it walks like a Parks, if it wobbles like a Parks, then it's definitely fat and nobody loves it." --MA
Updated On: 8/25/07 at 04:14 AM

brdwybound2 Profile Photo
brdwybound2
#46re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/25/07 at 12:53pm

I hope Shannon doesn't leave... she went to the same dance studio in Kansas that I go to now, and everyone there loves her in the show! But if she were to leave, I think Nikki would be quite an acceptable replacement.

somebody hold me too close...

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#47re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/25/07 at 1:03pm

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"
Updated On: 8/25/07 at 01:03 PM

Playbill9117 Profile Photo
Playbill9117
#48re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/25/07 at 1:07pm

Bump Updated On: 8/25/07 at 01:07 PM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#49re: Blonsky to go to bway?
Posted: 8/25/07 at 1:13pm

whoa, that is freaky

....but the world goes 'round