pixeltracker

Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)

Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)

jagfkb
#1Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 6:13am

OMG, I was so blown away by this show! It was absolutely amazing, and I loved every minute of it. Though the show clocked in around a little less than 2:40, I actually kindda liked the length, it almost made it feel like an opera or something. Never the less, I had a marvelous time, and I even got almost every one's autograph.

Also, Gary Beach was there! My friend asked him and Roger Bart to hug her. Also, Sutton was being hit on by some sort of dillusional prostitute.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#2re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 10:13am

Also, Sutton was being hit on by some sort of dillusional prostitute.

Wait...what? That part sounds interesting.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

#2re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 10:15am

I don't remember that part in the movie- is it new?

Yankeefan007
#3re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 10:19am

Prostitute: What knockers!
Inga: Oh, thank you!

Frederick: Where whore?
Igor: There, there-whore! There, castle!

...I think I'm witty.

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#4re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 11:30am

Also, Sutton was being hit on by some sort of dillusional prostitute.

She knew this would happen when she chose to work in this crazy business!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#5re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 11:40am

Boy I'm sure glad that I chose to work in this crazy business too. How wonderful to know that my dream really can come true!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#6re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 11:44am

2:40 isnt very long... Wicked and Color Purple (and I'm sure some more) are just about 3 hours...

Johnnytoc
#7re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 11:47am

As Sutton came down the line the man yelled out something like, "Ms Foster, you're really talented, you can do anything!" She smiled and said, "Well, not really." He then added, "Let me show you my talents." She handled it really well just smiling and saying, "uhh, not right now."

As far as the show itself, the suporting cast (Christopher Fitzgerald, Sutton, and Andrea MAartin) steal the show. Roger Bart is great as usual. The only weak link is the person I thought would be a rather strong player; Megan Mullally. Her singing was placed so far foward and it was just so nasal that her songs were really awkward to listen to. She proved that she could sing at the end of "Deep Love" but I wonder where her singing ability was for the first act and the beginning of "Deep Love". Her security is also following her very closely. I found it amusing that out of all the seven lead/supporting roles, hers is by far the smallest and the way she's being treated is just strange. Second billing? Seriously? Security Just for her? A bit much. It makes no sense- especially as she's not in the show for stunt casting, the show's name will sell itself.

Overall, a great night of theatre.

Yankeefan007
#8re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 12:27pm

She's a two-time Emmy winning TV star with, I assume, a great agent. That's why she's got second billing (she's a name) and security ('cause she's very recognizable from being on TV 20 times a day.)

jagfkb
#9re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 3:47pm

Wait, were you next to a boy in a hat with different Broadway shows on it and a girl who asked to be hugged by Roger Bart?

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#10re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 3:52pm

is megan nice?? :) please tell me she is. I am so excited to possibly get to meet her after. I really admire her and her work.

Johnnytoc
#11re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 5:25pm

Jagfkb, yes I was re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)

Yankeefan, I just find it funny that her part is the smallest of the seven and she has second billing. Name or not, the show will sell itself and Foster, Martin, and Fitzgerald are all outshining her by far.

MuppetManiaMan2 Profile Photo
MuppetManiaMan2
#12re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 5:30pm

I don't understand that Megan hating... She hits those notes like no other! "Please Don't Touch Me" is a new favorite of mine. She's a comic genius, and she deserves credit for it!

Johnnytoc
#13re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 6:41pm

Muppet- By no means do I hate Megan, I normally really like her as a performer. However, having heard her sing previously, she was either having a bad night, was directed oddly, or chose to sing that way. I personally didn't like it and know she could've sung much better.

jagfkb
#14re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 6:42pm

So wait, were we on the right or left of us?

Johnnytoc
#15re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)
Posted: 10/16/07 at 7:17pm

I was to the right of you guys by about two people.

Anmeris- to answer your question Megan is really sweet. She couldn't take pictures last night for some reason but she signed for everyone who wanted. (The way it was phrased was "I can't take pictures tonight" so I don't know about other days.)