Lion King tours

Bwaypal213
#1Lion King tours
Posted: 11/17/07 at 5:52pm

Has anyone seen the Cheetah Tour and Gazelle Tour of "Lion King?" I was wondering which cast is better and reasons why. What characters in one are better than the other?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2re: Lion King tours
Posted: 11/17/07 at 6:01pm

The cast of the Gazelle Tour is amazing but the sets are better in the Cheetah Tour. I also think the Gazelle Tour is non-Equity and runs about 45 minutes less than the Cheetah Tour. Also, the Cheetah Tour has no elephant during the "Circle of Life" number which makes no sense since the non-Equity tour is the Gazelle Tour.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#2re: Lion King tours
Posted: 11/17/07 at 6:13pm

According to Actors Equity they are both Equity tours.
Actors' Equity current tours

FlyingMonkey1223 Profile Photo
FlyingMonkey1223
#3re: Lion King tours
Posted: 11/17/07 at 6:27pm

Lion King is coming to Sacramento in May/June 2009!

musomaniac
#4re: Lion King tours
Posted: 11/17/07 at 6:40pm

BrodyFosse,

I don't know where you got all that information, but as one who worked on the Gazelle tour, I can tell you that the the two tours are identical in every way: sets, running time, elephant, and most certainly Equity.

BrodyFosse123
#5re: Lion King tours
Posted: 11/17/07 at 6:42pm

Um...no!

Bwaypal213
#6re: Lion King tours
Posted: 11/17/07 at 6:47pm

I actually just posted this message on here because I was wondering what others had to say about the tours. I have seen both. They are IDENTICAL with running time, sets, costumes etc. I can assure you that the elephant comes down the aisle in both tours. I saw both within a months time and the elephant came down my aisle both times ( I was on the left side of the house). Both tours are Equity. It says it in the back of the program. I know both of the actors who play Zazu in the Cheetah and Gazelle and they have confirmed that both tours are Equity. Some of the African actors have the permission from Actor's Equity to perform even though they aren't members.

BrodyFosse123
#7re: Lion King tours
Posted: 11/17/07 at 6:53pm

Um...no, no, no, no, no, no...and NO!!!

re: Lion King tours

bwayjuvinile Profile Photo
bwayjuvinile
#8re: Lion King tours
Posted: 11/17/07 at 7:06pm

Mark Shunuck who plays timon on tour was great when I saw it.

http://hometown.aol.com/bwayjuvinile/bwayvids

musicandtemiror
#9re: Lion King tours
Posted: 11/17/07 at 7:06pm

I didnt relize they had two casts going.
How do you know which is which

I saw it in Philly last June (06)
It was SO great. (I believe their was a elephant)

Bwaypal213
#10re: Lion King tours
Posted: 11/17/07 at 9:07pm

Don't be too upset I was correct. I have just seen both tours numerous times and know people in both casts. It's alright. you can't be right on everything

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#11re: Lion King tours
Posted: 11/18/07 at 12:25pm

musicandtemiror, look at Variety's grosses as they differentiate which tour is in which city.

Alternately: http://www.iatse-intl.org/shows/theatre.html

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos