pixeltracker

Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in "Jersey Boys" - 11/09

Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in "Jersey Boys" - 11/09

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#1Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in "Jersey Boys" - 11/09
Posted: 11/19/07 at 11:19am

Is there anyone here on the board who was lucky enough to have seen John Lloyd Young's final performance in "Jersey Boys" on Friday, November 9th. I feel bad that he, and his fellow performers won't be able to share a very special, and very personal moment......a final performance of a cast member leaving a show.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey Boys' - 11/09
Posted: 11/19/07 at 12:05pm

I didn't see it, but I feel bad for John Lloyd Young. This must be a total bummer for him. He was with the show for two years singing and acting his heart out, and he didn't get his official final moment in the sun. He must be devastated.

Well, his performance will certainly always be remembered by those of us who got to experience it, and he should be so proud of the work he achieved and the talent he shared so generously with millions of audience members through his tenure with JERSEY BOYS.

I look forward to seeing what he will line up next. He most definitely has a bright future ahead of him.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

MikeMagbaleta Profile Photo
MikeMagbaleta
#2re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey Boys' - 11/09
Posted: 11/19/07 at 12:13pm

Everyone from John, the fans, his cast and the ushers/box office, were the ones negatively affected.

I just hope for a positive resolution this week and even since the August Wilson Theatre is dark normally today, what's not to say the dispute can end today and his "last" performance can indeed go on tomorrow? I'm crossing my fingers for that one.....

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#3re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey
Posted: 11/19/07 at 12:17pm

nope, everything is cancelled through sunday

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#4re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey
Posted: 11/19/07 at 4:30pm

would JLY be allowed to play a final show once this is settled because of the circumstances? I'm sure Michael Longoria being the nice guy he is would do this? maybe?

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#5re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey
Posted: 11/19/07 at 5:53pm

JLY all ready posted on his blog today that he's all done with JB. Due to the strike, his last show was November 9th.

erinrebecca
#6re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey
Posted: 11/19/07 at 7:10pm

It's a shame that he won't get a special last show but that's small potatoes compared to the number of people, other than stagehands, that this strike is affecting.

For John's fans, mark February 23, 2008 on your calendars. He'll be appearing in a solo concert of songs from the 60s at Lincoln Center. Two shows: 8:30 and 10:30.

maliatkb8
#7re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey
Posted: 11/19/07 at 7:18pm

Why did I have to try and see him on the 10th!? If I would have went one bloody day earlier I would have seen his last show!!! Poor thing.

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#8re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey
Posted: 11/19/07 at 8:25pm

It's interesting. Due to circumstances beyond their control, 2 of the most-hyped, most-loved musical performers of the last 5 years or so, John Lloyd Young and Idina Menzel never got to give their final, much-hyped final performances.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#9re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey
Posted: 11/19/07 at 8:38pm

I doubt JLY will be popping out of the trap during "Rag Doll" wearing a red tracksuit, though.

But I'd pay a lot to see it...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#10re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey
Posted: 11/19/07 at 10:24pm

lizzie.. your response made me spit my water a little. i love you

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#11re: Was anyone lucky enough to have seen JLY's last performance in 'Jersey
Posted: 11/20/07 at 2:12am

Do you guys remember that at John Tartaglia's final performance of AVENUE Q, he came out at curtain call in a red track suit, and wore it to his goodbye party, as sort of a joke/tribute to Idina's last show. That was hilarious.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

...5678 Profile Photo

Videos