pixeltracker

Negotiations have broken down!!- Page 3

Negotiations have broken down!!

bardolator
#50re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 9:47am

Welcome back, Chicken Little!

(Deep breaths, man. Be sure to breathe back out.)

theater_nut
#51re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 9:48am

Hey BwayInsider - You say things like "9-11" but have no comment as to what that has to do with anything. Your comments regarding the "business changing" and "private business" make you seem thrilled at the thought of contentious negotiations, and your posts seem to admit your own giddiness at the strike.

This strike is hurting everybody, and at this point I would think before trying to analyze or take sides. The fact is that we have NO IDEA what is going on in there anymore. Both sides are ego-driven and trying to drive the point home, especially if mopping is still an issue.
This is behind closed doors, and the fact is that it has become more complicated than any of us here can comprehend.
Bringing up 9-11 just makes absolutely no sense and has nothing to do with anything. Do you have post-traumatic stress disorder? I do - but at this point it's not from 9-11!

Updated On: 11/27/07 at 09:48 AM

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#52re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 9:52am

if there is no more bway, will my rent go down???

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#53re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 9:54am

"if there is no more bway, will my rent go down???"

If there's no resolution soon, "Rent" will go down, along with a few others.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

Josh Freilich
#54re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 9:55am

EVERYTHING WILL GO DOWN!!!!!!!!!
THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid

neddyfrank2
#55re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 9:56am

This sucks.

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#56re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:04am

9/11?

Honestly?

Come now.

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

theater_nut
#57re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:09am

I know tell me about it. As if this isn't traumatic enough, we have to top it off by mentioning 9-11.....jeez

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#59re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:16am

I mean...we're really going to use the death of 3000 people at the tip of this island as an excuse to change the stagehands' contract?

How utterly ridiculous...and wrong. Not wrong as in 'That's so wrong!' meaning 'awful'. But wrong meaning 'not right'. 'Erroneous.' 'Factually incorrect.'

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

SorryGrateful
#60re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:17am

These two groups of people need to get their **** together. Now.

You promised me poems. ~Tricky

fred2
#61re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:20am

Updated On: 11/27/07 at 10:20 AM

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#62re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:21am

Talks resume tomorrow at 10am. Hopefully shows will be up and running for the 8pm curtain.

localonecrew
#63re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:21am

back to the table 10 am wed.

VenusEnvy
#64re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:22am

Hi all.

I don't usually post but I just read on the Leagues website that talks will resume tomorrow ( 11/2re: Negotiations have broken down!! at 10am.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#65re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:24am

This is ridiculous.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

StageFan2 Profile Photo
StageFan2
#66re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:24am

One word Josh. Decaf. Well, shortened word, but you know what I mean. re: Negotiations have broken down!!

RELAX honey! Life goes on.

justafan2
#67re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:26am

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/113046.html
Hopefully, once they've had some rest and discuss during the daytime----they'll be more productive.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#68re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:27am

re: Negotiations have broken down!!

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#69re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:29am

Am I the only one who finds Josh's posts to be more entertaining than the shows that have been darkened by the strike? I'm beginning to have mixed feelings about the whole situation....

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

Fosse76
#70re: Negotiations have broken down!!
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:32am

I'm sorry, but if you don't earn a living working on Broadway, then it really isn't anyone's business to tell either side how to negotiate nor to call them names. The vast majority of Broadway employees are in support of the union, and these are people who are currently employed but not making money. For fans, it is only an inconvenience, and your diatribes and whining is not helpful. The strike will end when it ends.

Josh Freilich
#71re: Negotiations have... well, halted
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:36am

Okay I'm trying to be hopeful... again.
They haven't "broken down," they just ended it right there for now.

"How could she just suddenly, completely disappear into thin water?" - The Little Mermaid
Updated On: 11/27/07 at 10:36 AM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#72re: Negotiations have... well, halted
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:39am

re: Negotiations have... well, halted

re: Negotiations have... well, halted
Updated On: 11/27/07 at 10:39 AM

p.s.
#73re: Negotiations have... well, halted
Posted: 11/27/07 at 10:51am

Talks resume tomorrow at 10am.

That doesn't happen with a ninth inning, World Series rain delay. This sounds more like a cricket match than a baseball game.

p.s.

I hope it doesn't rain all night. Updated On: 11/27/07 at 10:51 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#74re: Negotiations have... well, halted
Posted: 11/27/07 at 11:02am

I have swayed a bit to the middle on this. But we don't know what is going on in that room. I will admit that when I hear that someone is making what they are for mopping a floor, I think that is a lot. But I/we don't know everything that is going on surrounding this. Is the Union not backing down on it because they may lose something else? We don't know. And as far as the issue of how many people are needed for load-ins and people standing around doing nothing, I feel that the union knows more about these load-ins than the league does. I have not worked Broadway, but I have worked two very large shows that needed to be set up and taken down 5 weeks later. I was supervising staff on one and I had workers waiting around for 2 to 3 hours to finish something they started because of problems, changes and even weather conditions. I can side with the producers on some things, but sometimes it is hard to side with them figuring that for most of them, producing shows is not their only "job". I know of a few producers who are doing quite well with their businesses and it enables them to produce shows. When a show doesn't do well, they don't lose their house or houses. I sometimes feel that these producers are trying to bring the Hollywood mindset to Broadway. It now seems to be all about the money and less about the art. Art isn't easy, is it?! But no matter what happens, I will be in NYC next Wed. and if I see the 2 shows I planned to see that are affected when I get there, that will be great. If I don't, I will see more off-Broadway shows than planned. But either way, I will enjoy myself. Yes it is frustrating waiting for this all to end. And yes, I already have a ticket to an affected show. But the bottom line is that there is nothing we can do about it. And I am not going to let it ruin my trip. It will be resolved at some point. I have already put into motion a plan to fly back in January or Feb to see August: Osage County if I can't see it on the 6th of Dec. I figure, I am planning ahead financially, I will get my ticket money back so I will fly in for a weekend to see it and another show.

Just a few random thing rolling around in my head.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 11/27/07 at 11:02 AM

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#75re: Negotiations have... well, halted
Posted: 11/27/07 at 11:09am

I have no words...I am shocked. I actually thought I was going to wake up to good news.

This is ridiculous.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

Videos