pixeltracker

Duets for female child and middle-aged man?- Page 2

Duets for female child and middle-aged man?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#25re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/7/08 at 10:37pm

I also suggest "First Man You Remember" a beautiful and touching song.

Not if you watch the Michael Ball/Diana Morrison music video. Then it's just weird and Vogue-like.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Joshua488
#26re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/7/08 at 10:53pm

Nevermind. Not a duet.

re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man? Updated On: 1/7/08 at 10:53 PM

newlife2001
#27re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 3:47am

Would it be called "Gliding?"

KQuill Profile Photo
KQuill
#28re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 8:30am

How about "Alone in the Universe"?

scamp3 Profile Photo
scamp3
#28re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:08am

"Off To Massachusetts" from Little Women.

The male part is a little older than middle aged, but it's a sweet little song that can be fun to perform.

Mattbrain
#29re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 11:39am

Unfortunately, the Little Girl and Tateh never have a duet. In fact, the Little Girl barely sings at all, which stinks.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

newlife2001
#30re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 4:39pm

KQuill, What show is that?

newlife2001
#31re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 4:41pm

Thant you, Craig. I will research the song.

newlife2001
#32re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 4:57pm

Thanks for your response. I heard part of it from a clip on Amazon.com. Tateh sounded a little grumpy! I'll have to listen to the whole thing. I want this to be a showcase for my niece. If our parts are equal that's OK, because she will have her own solo piece as well. But I wouldn't want to do it if I had a really big part and she just had a little part. So I'll have to see. I didn't mention it in my post, but it would be nice if could I provide an opportunity for my niece to sing some harmony with me, because I think she can hold an indpendent line, even at age 5.

mijofly19
#33re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/8/08 at 9:53pm

Not so much a female child, but rather a young female adult and an older man...the song Jane and her father sing in TARZAN could work for you.

newlife2001
#34re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 1:20pm

Right.

newlife2001
#35re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 1:22pm

I got the CD (198re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?. Both versions are solos. Not duets.

K8eeyore
#36re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 3:53pm

Another possibility could be "I Want to Be Happy" from NO NO NANETTE (the girl's supposed to be teens-early twenties, but could be younger). The down side is the song can be borderline creepy if done with the wrong interpretation.

singingwendy Profile Photo
singingwendy
#37re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 5:37pm

"No Matter What" from "Beauty and the Beast" could work too. It's a song between Belle and her father.

I think there are arrangements of "Gary, Indiana" from "Music Man" that are written as duet also.

How about "I'd Do Anything" from "Oliver"? Just reverse, Dodger and Nancy's parts.....

sidwich
#38re: Duets for female child and middle-aged man?
Posted: 1/16/08 at 6:42pm

Not a theatre song, but the old Frank Sinatra song "High Hopes" is for older man and young gir.