pixeltracker

Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances- Page 6

Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances

husk_charmer
#125re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/26/08 at 8:32pm

I thought Bell Chait had left by the time the show made it to NYC.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#126re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/26/08 at 8:32pm

Stephanie J Block and Sebastian A.
Andy Karl and Orfeh
Idina and Taye
I'm content with which ever of the Sutton / christian thing is true.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#127re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/26/08 at 8:34pm

I believe the Laura Bell Bundy story is bogus.

I recall the dispute being over money. The dispute being over Laura Bell's contract.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

husk_charmer
#128re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/26/08 at 8:45pm

IBF-
We do know she flew to LA without giving any word to the producers, and I do know Kirstin was forced to go on with the neckbrace (I know, I was there one of those performances), and we know that the other u/s (Whoever she is) had a stroke. So, those facts line up to make the story incredibly plausible.

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#129re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/26/08 at 8:57pm

Screw the showmances. More revalries, please!

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley
Updated On: 5/26/08 at 08:57 PM

BNN
#130re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/26/08 at 9:00pm

I know certain OBC Chorus Line cast members didn't really approve of Donna McKechnie and thought she was too old/couldn't dance etc. per Donna's Book.

Also, Tony Yazbeck and Jessica Lee Goldyn are engaged I believe. I would love to see her take over Baby June for realism's sake.

Tick Tock

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#131re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/26/08 at 9:06pm

I remember hearing stories about Bundy making trips to LA without giving the producers any heads up. I never realized that they were during Chenowith's accident. That shows bad form on Bundy's part for sure.

I agree that there is a chance that the visits to LA happened during Kristin's injuries. This is because I agree with what has been said that the facts line up. That Kristin got injured and at the same time a Glinda standby/understudy had a stroke and Bundy left for LA at the same time.

Correct me if I am wrong. But, I remember reading somewhere that Bundy was going to replace Kristin if it wasn't for the fact that her unannounced trips to LA pissed off the producers.

And, as for the Idina/Kristin fighting stories. I remember a girl in my school who was a big Wicked fan saying that she read something about it in Page Six of the Post. As soon as I heard that, I automatically had trouble that they were 100 per cent true due to the fact that Page Six blows everything out of proportion.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

husk_charmer
#132re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/26/08 at 9:14pm

winston-
The accident was sustained during the San Fran tryout...the incident in March was from aggravating it.

As I remember Bundy was actually Announced, and then about three days later it was announced that Jennifer Laura Thompson was replacing.

ETA:
Here's a post from BWW when it was announced. Notice that the Playbill article has been deleted.
https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=185857#185857

Updated On: 5/26/08 at 09:14 PM

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#133re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/26/08 at 9:34pm

Speaking of Melissa Bell Chait, she's married to Marcus Chait (of the Pirate Queen) gorgeous man....

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#134re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/27/08 at 9:11am

I didn't know that Bundy was offerd the role for about three days then they went and cast someone else. I think that it is a good thing that they didn't cast her because her trips to LA showe the producers that she couldn't be trusted with the role full time if she had a track record of going when it was convinent for her and not letting anyone know.

Could it have been that the person who wrote the article thought that Bunday was going to get the role because she was Kristin's standby and they just assumed that the producers were going to bump her up? And, they didn't stop and think that they might cast someone else in the role?

Also, what was the name of the actress that got a stroke during her run in wicked?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#135re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/27/08 at 9:24am

Winston - http://www.playbill.com/news/article/84883.html

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#136re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/27/08 at 10:47am

I thought this was a "rivalry/romance" thread. It's turning in to the "Laura Bell Bundy has no work ethic" thread instead. Bring on more rivalries. And please, nothing more about Wicked!
Updated On: 5/27/08 at 10:47 AM

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#137re: Famous Broadway Rivalries/Romances
Posted: 5/27/08 at 6:23pm

I am not trying to come of as too harsh. But, you have to realize two things. The first one is that being that this is an ongoing discussion, the topic of conversation does tend to change from what the original topic of the thread was.

And, secondly if people want to talk about Laura Bell Bundy's Work ethic or lack thereof then more power to them. Like I said originally, the topic of the thread does tend to change based upon the direction of the conversation.