pixeltracker

Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?

Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#1Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 12:19pm

I know the album isn't coming out till Feb. 26 according to Amazon, but will the album be released earlier at the theatre? How soon does this usually happen??

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#2re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 12:21pm

It is at the theater now.

Tchi4Lif188 Profile Photo
Tchi4Lif188
#2re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?

The album was released in the theater last Friday and is being sold for $25. Until late February, the theater is the only place that has it.

"Wishes come true, not free..."

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#3re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?

I think there was a thread about this and someone said that they are selling the cd at the theater for $25

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#4re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 12:22pm

nice, we all posted at 12:21 haha

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

jerseyboyschick2 Profile Photo
jerseyboyschick2
#5re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 12:34pm

That's what they did with the Young Frankenstein OBCR. I got it at the theater on 12-19 and a little ad that came inside the cd said it wasn't available untill like a week after (I can't remember the exact date, but you get the idea.)

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe

Robos89
#6re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 1:49pm

Will anyone be willing to send it to me, I'll PayPal you the money!!

PM me!

Thanks!!!

?

RyToast1
#7re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 1:56pm

Do you have to go to the show to get it? Or can I just stop by during a show to pick it up?

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#8re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 2:33pm

They have a little closet thingy (guess it looks like a cart) that they bring out in front of the theatre before shows.

They sell it, so no.. you wouldn't have to be seeing the show to purchase it.

It sounds so good, btw.. Lovin it !!!

Robos89
#9re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 6:52pm

Anyone? re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?

?

jerseyboyschick2
#10re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 6:54pm

Robos89>If I was going to be there before they actually became available in stores, etc. I would. Im seeing the show in Aprilre: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?

"You will understand that Bww is a forum that allows Theatre people, Fussy old Queens, and chorus boys of Mama Mia to release their everyday life's frustration by being Snarky, B**chy, and sarcastic." -BwayBoundJoe

Robos89
#11re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 7:11pm

Aww, thanks so much JerseyBoysChick...I thank you anyhow re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?

?

jerseyboyschick2
#12re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 7:19pm

Anytime:)

Robos89
#13re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/27/08 at 10:58pm

No one?

?

Robos89
#14re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/28/08 at 12:34am

Turns out I might be going to the city this coming Friday so I'll try and pick one up!

It's still a maybe though, so if anyone can still do the favor for me, PM me re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?

Thanks!

?

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#15re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/28/08 at 10:10am

I look forward to buying this and listening to it!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Robos89
#16re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/28/08 at 4:35pm

SO now this trip is even more iffy...

...can anyone do this favor for me?

?

Elphaba43
#17re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/28/08 at 5:56pm

I saw the show on January 9th and I pre-ordered the cd. They said that I would get it the first week of February. The show was incredible! I'm friends with Bobby Creighton and Merwin Foard so, I got backstage after the show! It was amazing! The stage was huge(as I can imagine all stages are) and Norm Lewis was our tour guide. He's such a sweetheart!

I am a bagel on a plateful of onion rolls. If you know what I'm talking about, good. If you don't, you're on your own!

Robos89
#18re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/28/08 at 6:01pm

So you pre-ordered from the theatre?!

I wonder how many people ordered the special edition CD

?

bwayboy310
#19re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/29/08 at 12:12am

Forgive my stupidity, but what exactly is the difference between the Playbill Picture disc version and the regular version?
Also, is the Playbill version, also, availible at the theater already?

PhanaticSanna Profile Photo
PhanaticSanna
#20re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/29/08 at 3:09am

Argh! I pre-ordered this back in Denver and have been eagerly awaiting it! Has anyone who bought it in Denver gotten it yet? I'm a little irritated that they're selling it in the theater now even though I bought it months ago. I think that's a little unfair!

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#21re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/31/08 at 1:24am

I bought it yesterday before seeing the show! I've listened to it non-stop since I've returned back home! =)

Glitter and be Gay Profile Photo
Glitter and be Gay
#22re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/31/08 at 8:02am

"Forgive my stupidity, but what exactly is the difference between the Playbill Picture disc version and the regular version?
Also, is the Playbill version, also, availible at the theater already?"

------------------------------------

The only difference is that the picture disc has an image of Sierra as Ariel on the CD. The CD currently being sold in the theatre is the mass market version - no image on the disc. The picture disc will go on sale at the theatre on Februay 26th, the same day the Playbill Store ships pre-orders for the CD.

HaveToFinishTheHat Profile Photo
HaveToFinishTheHat
#23re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 1/31/08 at 3:39pm

I know a couple of people who bought the CD at the theatre as well.

(and PS, I haven't seen the show yet, but I have heard parts of the CD and so far I think they did a nice job on it! SRS sounds so deliciously evil. And the songs from the original movie really bring me back to elementary school :) )

MermaidAriel Profile Photo
MermaidAriel
#24re: Little Mermaid OBCR - early release at theatre?
Posted: 2/1/08 at 8:16pm

PhanaticSanna, I ordered my copy at the theatre in Denver and received it today. :) I'm located in California, far from NY, so I'm sure most people have gotten it as well.