Jason Robert Brown Love!

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#1Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 12:10am

It's not often that you see threads for composers, and if anyone deserves one, it has to be Jason Robert Brown (along with Sondheim of course). I can not find any other composer who is so consistently brilliant and has such a talent for so many styles of music. I hope some other people share the same "love" for him that I do.

I Cannot wait for 13.

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

another_reprise Profile Photo
another_reprise
#2re: Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 12:15am

I got to see Parade in London last year and I can honestly say that it was one of the most incredible productions I have ever seen. Jason Robert Brown is easily one of the most talented composers working today. I cannot wait to see what comes next.

Does the sun really rise in the east?
Does the earth really spin around the sun?
What's it matter in the least?
What's real to me ain't real to everyone.

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#2re: Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 12:22am

All the music JRB writes is absolutely brilliant. My favorite love song of all time is "The Next Ten Minutes". It doesn't get any better than him.

snl89
#3re: Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 12:27am

JRB= my favorite composer :) He's absolutely BRILLIANT. Not to mention he is THE single fiercest pianist I know of.

but yeah, basically I love him way too much.

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

HoshiForever Profile Photo
HoshiForever
#4re: Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 12:43am

mmmm ::snuggles into this thread:: JRB makes me happy. I love him far too much.

I also got to see Parade at the Donmar. Twice. It is one of the highlights of my semester over there.

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#5re: Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 1:42am

I have such immense love for Jason Robert Brown. The Last Five Years is easily one of my favorite shows ever... so beautiful! I can't get enough of the soundtrack. And then there's Parade and Songs for a New World; I can't wait to get a chance to see one of his shows on Broadway!

buenos_aires
#6re: Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 8:20am

Jason is easily my favourite composer. His music is so varying between his shows and stuff, and it's all fabulous. I'm SO glad I got to see Parade at the Donmar, because it was amazing.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#7re: Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 10:02am

Gotta love Jason Robert Brown!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#8re: Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 11:50am

Add me to the list of fans.....

I actually really liked 13 when I saw it in LA, and of course, TL5Y is one of my top 3 favorites!

Jon
#9re: Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 1:35pm

None of you could possibly love him as much as he loves himself.

dramarama2 Profile Photo
dramarama2
#10re: Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 5:10pm

um, what???

A little known fact is that in the original screenplay, Pan's Labyrinth was Pan's FLAByrinth. Hmmmmmmm...glad they changed it.

HoshiForever Profile Photo
HoshiForever
#11re: Jason Robert Brown Love!
Posted: 2/16/08 at 5:15pm

::eye roll::

Videos