Elphaba3
#75re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 3/2/08 at 10:15pm

I don't think she'd leave on a Tuesday.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#76re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 3/2/08 at 10:18pm

Neither do I. Ah I'm going crazy over here. It needs to be officially announced and soon because I really want to be there.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#77re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 3/3/08 at 11:17am

I'm sure Steph would like for it to be announced soon as well! I can only imagine how many people are asking her day in and day out. It just puts her in an awkward position of choosing to disclose something she shouldn't or not. I'm sure by now she's realized that anything she says usually gets spread around sooner or later.

Tiny_Dancer Profile Photo
Tiny_Dancer
#78re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 3/4/08 at 4:37pm

OK I totally messed up! DUH!!!! I meant the 15th of June. Sorry 'bout that folks.

Do Something!!!! www.one.org

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#79re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 3/19/08 at 6:57pm

Stephanie officially announced on her website that her last day is June 15th.
Updated On: 5/25/08 at 06:57 PM

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#80re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 3/19/08 at 7:14pm

My heart just stopped for a minute !!! I decided to finally see WICKED for the first time and bought a Premium ticket for April 17, mainly because of Steph !!!!! Thank God you were wrong !!!!!!

sgv123
#81re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/25/08 at 11:43pm

is anyone here a kerry fan? people who get to see her on broadway are in for a real treat!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#82re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/25/08 at 11:49pm

I don't know how many fans she has over here yet, considering she hasn't performed the role on this shore as of yet.

I'm sure if she's good, she'll pick up a lot more American fans this summer.

sgv123
#83re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/25/08 at 11:51pm

hopefully she will! check out some youtube videos, she has an amazing voice. i am campaigning for her i guess!

IssaMe
#84re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/26/08 at 10:46am

Kerry is absolutely terrific...and I've seen a LOT of Elphabas...she is, hands down (or broom up), one of the best!
Prepare to be amazed.

sgv123
#85re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/26/08 at 11:04am

^ i agree, i think she is the best elphaba too. i just did not want to be attacked or anything by a certain group.

Sebastianswain
#86re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/26/08 at 11:27am

Wow... that news was out like months ago... and, for those who don't know it, Kerry's London replacement will be Alexia Khadime of London's The Lion King... Once again, wow, that was pretty slow...

sgv123
#87re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/26/08 at 12:12pm

i thought that was officially announced already.

hollywearsprada Profile Photo
hollywearsprada
#88re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/26/08 at 12:58pm

I just want to ad in my two cents about Kerry.

Her acting really came under fire because there seemed to be a time when she just didn't care anymore. However, she is really back with avengence. I've seen her 3 times this year. 4th and 21st Jan where she was utterly incredible vocally.

I most recently saw her on 22nd May [Thursday] and although her voice wasn't as powerful as usual [I think she's holding back for her last couple of weeks to save her voice so she can really make an impression when she goes to Broadway] her acting was absolutely amazing. She was so passionate and in the character, like I've never seen her before. The Wizard And I and No Good Deed are her two best songs, and both of them got at least 5 minute standing ovations.

You guys are so lucky to be having her. She's really on top form at the moment and I know she's going to blow you all away.

"That's my trouble! I'm a bagel on a plate full of onion rolls!"

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#89re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/26/08 at 5:54pm

The Wizard And I and No Good Deed are her two best songs, and both of them got at least 5 minute standing ovations.

Really? Wow. That's amazing.

sgv123
#90re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/26/08 at 6:02pm

i think her best in TWAI and DF. she has some crazy riffs, but not like shoshana at all!

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#91re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/26/08 at 6:02pm

I'm so happy for Kerry, she totally deserves to perform Elphaba on Broadway. She was totally born for the role...and with KENDRA (one of the best actresses on bway, IMO)...what an amazing combination

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

Kev Profile Photo
Kev
#92re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/26/08 at 9:33pm

[I think she's holding back for her last couple of weeks to save her voice so she can really make an impression when she goes to Broadway]

That's just ridiculous for you to think. Ellis doesn't start until mid-June and even then, she has almost two weeks in between both runs to save up, as you say.

The Wizard And I and No Good Deed are her two best songs, and both of them got at least 5 minute standing ovations.

Doubtful. Granted, I wasn't there, but even a minute and a half standing ovation is an eternity in live theatre. Five minutes is a whole 'nother songs worth. Get a grip.

sgv123
#93re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/26/08 at 9:39pm

i dont know about 5 minutes either, but i do know that her first performance after idina she was booed at the beginning. by the end of TWAI she had a standing ovation.

hollywearsprada Profile Photo
hollywearsprada
#94re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/27/08 at 9:23pm

That's just ridiculous for you to think.
I don't see how that is ridiculous. In the past few weeks, as well as performing in Wicked 8 times a week, she's done a concert in Germany, the 2-night Chess concert in London [plus rehearsals for both] and is recording an album. She has 2 days after her final London performance before she flies to NY and then has about a week to rehearse. I don't see how assuming that she's holding back now before she goes is so ludicrous a suggestion. She wants to make an impact when she arrives, naturally. And blowing her voice out in her last 2 weeks will make her sound like Idina by the time she gets there.

But I'm clearly not a singer. So I'm probably talking out of my arse and you are right. Kerry is, no doubt, perfectly capable of continuing to give everything she's got for the next year or so that she stays in Wicked. Hell, she's done until now having been in the show since the beginning and Elphaba since Idina left.

A minute and a half...five minutes...whatever. Like you said, it feels like eternity. My point was that she stopped the show. I was exaggerating. Obviously.

"That's my trouble! I'm a bagel on a plate full of onion rolls!"

DefyGravity777
#95re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
Posted: 5/27/08 at 9:28pm

I can't wait to see Kerry. I'm going to her first night and probably some more times over the summer too. I too do think that Kerry is saving up her voice for her BIG Broadway debut. I know that's she's been sick alot and been doing the CD and the Chess concert plus 8 shows a week.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!