SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#1SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/27/08 at 2:40pm

I didn't know the set would be this great!
View Pictures Here

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#2re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/27/08 at 2:46pm

Looks great!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/27/08 at 2:49pm

I can't wait for this.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

bwayguy22089
#3re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/27/08 at 3:05pm

I'm so excited. One of the greatest musicals ever written. Seeing it on the 9th re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#4re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/27/08 at 3:12pm

What was that last pic with the CNN on the tv? Hahaha.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#5re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/27/08 at 3:23pm

Well you can't see a whole lot of the set, but what it there looks nice. Yeargan is a great designer, and he did an amazing job at the Beaumont with Piazza (I didn't see his work for Cymbeline).

Sleeper2 Profile Photo
Sleeper2
#6re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/28/08 at 4:57pm

I'm going Saturday night and will report back.

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#7re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/28/08 at 5:05pm

Can't wait to hear--my ex-roomie is in the chorus!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#8re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/28/08 at 5:20pm

A few trees, a truck and a barrel on fire make for a great set?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

shatteredheart Profile Photo
shatteredheart
#9re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/28/08 at 5:53pm

Would your ex-roomate be Nick Mayo, the non-speaking towel boy from The Ritz?

You know in a way I owe it all to you. I thought losing you was a blow I could never withstand. Look how far I have come without anyone holding my hand. The day you broke my heart you handed me the chance to make a brand new start. You helped me find my way. There's still so much to learn. So many dreams to earn. But, even if I crash and burn ten times a day. I think I'm here to stay. I'm gonna find my way.

jenna2 Profile Photo
jenna2
#10re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/28/08 at 5:56pm

And that mirror, Diva. You can't forget the wobbly mirror.

Call the understudy / I can't go on tonight / I'm drinking with my buddy / I'm getting good and tight / Before they raise the curtain I'll be higher than a kite / So call the understudy I can't go on tonight

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#11re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/28/08 at 6:02pm

Yea, It'll be like A Chorus Line with palm trees.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#12re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/28/08 at 6:02pm

I think the mirror effect will look really cool.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#13re: SOUTH PACIFIC Set Load-In
Posted: 2/28/08 at 6:36pm

to be fair, they didn't show very much of the set at all. I would be surprised if that were all there is to it. But the individual pieces themselves look nice, so if you imagine the stage filled with more pieces of that quality, it should make a nice set

Videos