Jon Patrick Walker in YF

delucad15 Profile Photo
delucad15
#1Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/2/08 at 2:54pm

Has anyone seen him YF as Fredrick? if so how is he?

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#2re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/2/08 at 3:36pm

Roger Bart will be on holidays from April 8 until 13 (next week), so I'm sure we'll get some fresh reviews on Jon Patrick Walker.

He's supposed to be very good, at least that's what I read somewhere...

JaredBway
#2re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/2/08 at 8:01pm

His Igor left something to be desired but his Dr. Frankenstein was very spot on. A little more low key than Roger Bart's take on the role, and I mean that in a very positive way.

Sorry ive been so vague

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#3re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/2/08 at 11:26pm

I've heard he's fantastic!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#4re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/2/08 at 11:40pm

His Igor left something to be desired but his Dr. Frankenstein was very spot on.
When was he on as Igor?

JaredBway
#5re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/3/08 at 12:01am

i work at the hilton, so i dont remember the exact date, but it was like a tuesday, wed double, and thurs chris missed, he did 2 and someone else did the other 2

popular_elphie
#6re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/3/08 at 12:15am

That's interesting, as I'm pretty sure Chris has only missed two shows - a Tuesday night and Wednesday matinee - and that Brian Shepard was on for both. Chris was back that night.

But I'll take your word for it.

rbxprs Profile Photo
rbxprs
#7re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/4/08 at 12:30pm

Hmm Jarod, seems pretty suspicious to me. There are a few Hilton employees on this board, but your not one of them. Coming through the lobby to collect stuff from the closet Disney rents from Hilton hardly makes you a staff member and for the record, JPW has never gone on for Igor, only Dr. Frankenstein and it was only once. Sorry that your a moron! re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF

Khashoggi Profile Photo
Khashoggi
#8re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/5/08 at 12:02am

Badooom!

"I will join this conversation on the proviso that we stop bitching about people. Wigs, dresses, bust sizes, penises, nightclubs and bloody Kylie!" - Bernadette, Priscilla Queen of the Desert the Musical

JaredBway
#9re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/5/08 at 1:05am

I never said I worked for the Hilton, I just said I work AT the Hilton. Don't be upset because you got fired from The Lion King. And if you're going to "talk smack" about me, then at least spell my name correctly. I was almost 100% positive that he has been on as Igor, but I could be wrong. I do make mistakes, and if it wasn't JPW on for Igor than I'm sorry, but who ever went on left a lot to be desired. I happen to know the Hilton well because it's the theater I made my Broadway debut in. So don't start. And I do a lot more than just come through the lobby, but none of that is really any of your business

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#10re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/5/08 at 10:12am

Storm's a brewin'.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#11re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/5/08 at 11:13am

sorry double post

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"
Updated On: 4/5/08 at 11:13 AM

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#12re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/5/08 at 11:13am

saw him as dr frankenstein, and thought he was really good. was bummed out i wasnt seeing roger bart but once the show started i didnt mind. ive seen roger before and you arent missing much if jon patrick walker is on when you go

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

shesamarshmallow
#13re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/5/08 at 11:22am

Cannot WAIT for next week!

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

kylestefanie Profile Photo
kylestefanie
#14re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/5/08 at 2:38pm

my fingers are crossed that Roger will be there tomorrow. I have 2nd row seats and he is my favorite actor. Anyone know if he'll be there??

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#15re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/5/08 at 3:46pm

Roger Bart will be on holidays next week, so I think it's very unlikely that he won't be there tomorrow either.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#16re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/5/08 at 4:46pm

His vacation doesn't start until Tuesday, so you should be fine. I did hear that Sutton Foster was out on Friday night... not sure about today's shows.

JaredBway
#17re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/5/08 at 8:26pm

Sutton was in for both shows today...

popular_elphie
#18re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/8/08 at 1:10pm

Just a bump up: JPW's week as Frederick Frankenstein starts tonight!

HBBrock
#19re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/8/08 at 2:53pm

Please post reviews!

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#20re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/8/08 at 4:11pm

Is Justin Patterson good as the Monster?
Because I just checked BroadwayUnderstudies.com and he's filling in.

JaredBway
#21re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/8/08 at 4:29pm

The first time I saw the show Justin was on as the monster, he was great

popular_elphie
#22re: Jon Patrick Walker in YF
Posted: 4/8/08 at 4:52pm

Justin is wonderful as The Monster. A little skinny, but great all the same.

shesamarshmallow
#23Jon Patrick Walker in YF 4/9/08 eve
Posted: 4/9/08 at 11:22pm

Won lotto (barely!!), and so got to see Jon as Frederick and bonus Linda as Frau Blucher! Awesome.

I've noticed about myself that I tend to enjoy every show better the second time, and this was no exception. I wasn't too impressed with the show when I saw it back in October, but after seeing 6 of the understudies perform songs at the At This Performance concerts (for the record - Matt LaBanca, Brian Shepard, Heather Ayers, Justin Patterson, Christine Marie Norrup and Linda Mugleston), I was pretty excited to go back. And that meant that I had a super fun time picking all them out in the ensemble.

Anyway. I thought Jon was great, but I've been a fan of his since High Fidelity (yes, I'm one of the few). He's less zany than Bart, but entirely endearing and brilliantly funny without trying. His facial expressions were genius. And I especially enjoyed the "Man About Town" scene. I think they haven't quite got the sound mix right for him, though. Linda was great too - but I've never understood why people rave about Andrea Martin, because I just don't find the role that funny.

But a note to the girl sitting behind me who claimed to have seen the show 42 times, instructed people around her on how to react to certain moments, gave entrance applause to everyone (except the understudies), shouted the actors' names after certain songs and during curtain call and screamed inappropriately before jokes had fully landed: you damn near ruined the show for me. Don't be so selfish and learn to hide your insanity. It's what I do.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Elke2
#24Jon Patrick Walker in YF 4/9/08 eve
Posted: 4/10/08 at 5:49am

Thanks for your review, shesamarshmallow. I like Young Frankenstein a lot, mainly because I'm a Roger Bart fan, but I'd love to see Jon Patrick Walker in the role sometime.

Oh and that '42 times lady' behind you: that's a little crazy, but whatever floats her boat. When I saw the show twice last month, I also noticed that all leads got entrance applause (from the whole audience), which surprised me... They're applauding someone, why? For just being there?

Anyway, I'm happy you got to see Linda Mugleston as Frau Blucher. She was also covering the role when I saw it and I enjoyed her performance very much. Personally, I even like her voice better than Andrea Martin's.

When you saw 'At This Performance', did they sing Young Frankenstein songs? If yes, which ones?