pixeltracker

Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?

Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#1Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/7/08 at 10:49pm

It just struck me.

Pinocchio is a toy, and John Tartaglia is a puppeteer. Is there any chance he might be manipulating a Pinocchio puppet on stage?

Just a thought, I apologize for starting a brand new thread, I was just curious and wondering if anyone had considered this...

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#2re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/7/08 at 10:50pm

I think he would also be great as the Gingerbread Man. Just sayin.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/7/08 at 10:52pm

That's a very interesting thought, scaryclowns223.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#3re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/7/08 at 10:58pm

It would probablly have to be a Timon type puppet, not Ave. Q.

autopilot2
#4re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/7/08 at 11:00pm

I reckon he'll be donkey - and donkey will be a handheld puppet a la Ave. Q

Of course this is just a guess. He'd make a cool Farquard as well.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#5re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?

I've been wondering this for a while as well.

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#6re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?

I could see it either way! It;s a cool idea.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
scaryclowns223
#7re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/7/08 at 11:02pm

Autopilot, he was confirmed as Pinocchio.
Chester Gregory II is Donkey, Christopher Sieber is Farquaad.

Where's FIERCY?
I'm sure he could give us some information. (Albeit information that could possibly be false, but information nonetheless.)

Not Barker, Todd. Profile Photo
Not Barker, Todd.
#8re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/7/08 at 11:03pm

I believe it has been confirmed Tartaglia is playing Pinnochio.

PLEASE! Do not post anything negative or dramatic! DidYouReallyHearMe has LOST the ability to ignore such posts and he will comment! Please, help him.

With Clay Aiken in Spamalot, all of Broadway is singing a collective "There! Right! There!" -Me-

"Not Barker, Todd is the only person I've ever known who could imitate Katherine Hepburn...in print." -nmartin-

autopilot2
#9re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/7/08 at 11:03pm

oh ok - I was just guessing.

titleofusername Profile Photo
titleofusername
#10re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/8/08 at 12:53am

That is a possibility, but I really don't think that this is a "puppet" production. They'll probably just give him fancy makeup to make him look like an actual puppet, and he'll use his skills as a puppeteer to make it look....puppet-esque.

I feel like I said "puppet" one too many times.

UPCOMING SCHEDULE: Passing Strange (7.17.08), [title of show] (7.18.08), [title of show (7.19.08 M), [title of show] (7.19.08 E), The 39 Steps (7.20.08 M), Damn Yankees (7.20.08 E)

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 4/8/08 at 12:56am

Updated On: 5/7/09 at 12:56 AM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#12re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/8/08 at 1:01am

I heard in the last workshop Gingey was a puppet, so I would expect Pinnochio is also a puppet.
And as in Ave. Q I feel the actor is a part of that.
I don't know that for sure.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#13re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/8/08 at 1:09am

The creative team is flying into Seattle for a public discussion on Shrek at month's end. I'm attending and will post all design information asap,

CurtainPullDowner
#14re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/8/08 at 1:16am

Is there a puppet designer attached at this time BobbyBubby?

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#15re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/8/08 at 4:19pm

Haven is rumored to be Gingy, last time I checked, and IDK about her puppet skills.
I wouldn't be surprised to see John using a puppet to play Pinocchio, I personally think it would be the best way to represent the characters, and he'd obviously be good with it.

Yankeefan007
#16re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/8/08 at 4:24pm

Haven who?

CurtainPullDowner
#17re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/8/08 at 4:36pm

Haven Burton of RENT and LEGALLY BLONDE.

Trekkie2
#18re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/8/08 at 5:13pm

And apparently of one SA workshop 8 or 9 years ago where she was WENDLA, damn it!

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

NYchmpOfTeenJeopardy Profile Photo
NYchmpOfTeenJeopardy
#19re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/8/08 at 5:34pm

I've heard from someone in the show that they will be using some puppets, some prosthetics, and some full body costumes for Shrek. So it definitely a possibility that Tartaglia will have Pinnochio puppet.
Updated On: 4/8/08 at 05:34 PM

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#20re: Tartaglia in Shrek: Pinnochio Puppet?
Posted: 4/8/08 at 6:46pm

Pinocchio's not a puppet he's a real boy.

Sorry, just had to get that out of me.

As for Tartaglia as Gingy its a no go. According to Haven's myspace she says that she will be playing a cookie this fall in Shrek.

I can see Tartaglia playing Pinocchio. And, I can see Pinocchio being done either full body a la Timone in The Lion King or as a hand puppet a la Avenue Q. Either way, considering how good a puppeteer Tartaglia is I am sure he would have no problem however it is set up. Keep in mind, that in Lion King they have to train whoever is playing Timone on how to use the puppet. If Tartaglia is in the show he might not need as much training if at all.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Videos