pixeltracker

Wicked Tonight Jan 8th Major Flub :)- Page 5

Wicked Tonight Jan 8th Major Flub :)

broadwayguy2
#100re: re: re: Lindy the Accidental Mole
Posted: 1/11/04 at 2:11pm

well, I guess as an actor, I should never make ANY comments about shows I do and my opinions of those shows to my family or close friends because that makes oit fair game for them to put it out anywhere, huh?

lyndyjane Profile Photo
lyndyjane
#101re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accidental Mole
Posted: 1/11/04 at 2:19pm

You are all right, I should have just kept my information to myself. I'm not the kind of person who puts a lot of stock in other's opinions on things, and really appreciate factual informaion, and just though you all might like to know. I didn't think about it causing anyone problems. I love Norbs family and think he is amazing and am sorry if I caused my friend or Norb any problems. I've learned my lesson that public message borads should only be for opinions.

BillFinn Profile Photo
BillFinn
#102re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accidental Mole
Posted: 1/11/04 at 2:23pm

You as an actor and Norbert Leo Butz as an actor are two totally different things. Norbert has a large fan base and a positive image to uphold to them and the rest of the theater community.

Bill Finn rocks. Woot.

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#103re: re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accidental Mole
Posted: 1/11/04 at 2:41pm

That was a classy response, Lyndyjane. Good for you.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

broadwayguy2
#104re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accidental Mole
Posted: 1/11/04 at 2:55pm

BillFinn, go away.

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#105re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accidental Mole
Posted: 1/11/04 at 3:16pm

From all reports, "Where's The Party?" (the song "Dancing Through Life" replaced) was REALLY bad.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#106re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accidental Mole
Posted: 1/11/04 at 3:30pm

Lindy, what a great post; you handled this with complete class. To me, you should have the last word. Let's move on.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#107re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accidental Mole
Posted: 1/11/04 at 4:35pm

Well, I'm sure that Leo will be fired on the spot and never work Broadway again because he said he didn't like the song he's singing. And I'm sure he's the first to ever say such a thing...

Puh-leez!

As long as he's performing well, I'm sure his producers won't mind. If he truly doesn't like it, I'm sure his brother wasn't the only one he told. And if it was such a huge secret, why did his brother tell her? At least Leo didn't tell the audience how he felt about his song while performing it ON STAGE as Donald O'Connor did in Bring Back Birdie!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 1/11/04 at 04:35 PM

FindingNamo
#108re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accidental Mole
Posted: 1/11/04 at 4:40pm

So much for Auggie's suggestion. Nice try, Aug, but it didn't wirk.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#109re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accidental Mole
Posted: 1/11/04 at 4:54pm

Yeah, Namo, I can't resist, being a flaming codepedent. In this case, to both Norbert and Lindy. I want everybody to be happy, whether they have to sing "Dancing Through Life" eight times a week or just FEEL like they do -- as many of us have, who are mired in this thread.

Look at he message board tally, y'all: Over three THOUSAND people have read about the January 8th debacle at the Gershwin. Good grief, I'm ready to talk of other things. In the immortal words of Fiyero, at least in SF, "Where's The Pary?" (Barrymores?)

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

FindingNamo
#110re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accidental Mole
Posted: 1/11/04 at 5:32pm

I let it go when I found out about the wig frizziness.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
NYCbabe3789 Profile Photo
NYCbabe3789
#112re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accid
Posted: 1/11/04 at 8:04pm

I've already seen the show several times so for me that would have been a real treat to see. :) But I can see how the first-timers would have gotten upset, especially during such an important moment in the show. I think the flub in itself and the fact that the actors laughed was fine, but yelling "CUT!" and starting the scene over really was going too far. That completely stopped the show and cut into an important moment in the plot. Still, when you're performing eight times a week it's hard to resist enjoying flubs. I just wish they had thought about the people in the audience who were there for the first time and really wanted to appreciate the show.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#113re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accid
Posted: 1/12/04 at 12:57am

Who would have thought this thread would turn out to be so controversial? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I think several people learned a big lesson here.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

TheBalladeer Profile Photo
TheBalladeer
#114re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Lindy the Accid
Posted: 1/12/04 at 1:54am

I just think all the hoopla about those flubs is ridiculous. I am sure if it was that controversial, they would have been reprimanded. We might not know about it, but something would have been done, so rest assured, it shouldn't happen again. That's IF it was truly outrageous. And furthermore, I still think that this is something that occurs in the theatre often. Actors are people too, and they make mistakes. I don't know if all of the people who contributed to this thread are performers/actors, but it seems to me that the actors and performers have a different response to what supposedly happened compared to some who don't perform, and are just avid theatre goers. Of course, if the only contact I have had with theatre is as an audience member, I might see how these events might be seen as an outrage, but I am sure most performers can attest to being in similar situations, and are not as quick to judge and feel as "cheated" as others. Then again, I could be wrong, and some performers feel just as outraged as those who don't or have never performed.

Cheers,
The Balladeer

"Someone tell the story...Someone sing the song...."