pixeltracker

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)- Page 23

The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#550re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/28/08 at 11:08am

JKlock - That was my friend Ilene's daughter, Chloe. She was sooo thrilled & happy that she had to get everbody's autograph after the show re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!) ... what a great night for us all.

And kudos to Jennifer's opening applause for Cheyenne...
When the lights went down she was the only one applauding (non stop.) Cheyenne stopped, looked up at her and started to laugh. Then he waved his hand in an OK... go ahead motion. Then everybody laughed and applauded - lol.
It was an awesome show once again re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

PS: It was great seeing & meeting so many fans & fanadu's... Murray, Eris, Broadwaygal2 (PM me anytime) and the elusive NativeNewyorker (finally.)
And special thanks to Monte & Zora for being so nice re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)

xoxoxo Jeffrey'du

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)
Updated On: 9/28/08 at 11:08 AM

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#551re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 9/28/08 at 4:30pm

Jeffrey, I totally saw you on stage and I was like why does that guy look so familar? It hit me on when I was on my way back to the train station that it was you haha

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

kate2
#552re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 10/4/08 at 6:58pm

I miss Xanadu =[

WishingOnlyWounds2
#553re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 10/4/08 at 7:22pm

^^^
Same!

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

ScullyZ74
#554re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:54pm

Okay, so this thread is 11 years old...😬, so God knows if this reply will be seen, or if it will fall into the aether, but this is in response to @Testing1232’s comment regarding having seen Peter Samuel as Danny, and that he was the nicest guy. Although I’ve never seen Xanadu, I’ve been fan of Peter’s for over 30 years. I hadn’t thought about him in several years, but after seeing James Corden’s segment on his late show called “Crosswalk: The Musical” in which they performed a quick version of Les Misérables at a stoplight/crosswalk, Peter sprang to my mind front and center once again, and here’s why: He was my “Javert”! 30 years ago, I was 14 years old and seeing Les Mis for the first time at The Midland Theatre here in Kansas City during the 3rd National Tour in March of 1989. I didn’t know what to expect, and by the end I was blown away completely, especially by Peter’s performance. Javert may have been the antagonist, but his portrayal was incredibly relatable...it spoke volumes to me and broke my heart into a thousand tiny pieces. Javert is my favorite character due to this. I’m 44 now, and I’ve seen Les Mis 3 other times since, but no one has ever held a candle to the level of emotional gravity of Peter’s characterization, in my opinion. It was layered, nuanced, even sympathetic by the end, and I felt it captured the very essence of the character as he was originally written by Hugo. I was instantly a fan for life. I always wondered whatever happened to him over the years, as I never had the opportunity to see him again. It’s great to know he’s been successful and that he’s also as lovely of a person. Does anyone know if he still performs? Jen :)

WonderRobbie Profile Photo
WonderRobbie
#555re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 7/11/19 at 10:45pm

Wow. My friend told me this thread was revived. Little did I know 11 years have passed since I started it. 

I miss this show with all my heart and I can’t wait to see the upcoming national tour!

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#556re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 7/11/19 at 10:50pm

WonderRobbie said: "Wow. My friend told me this thread was revived. Little did I know 11 years have passed since I started it.

I miss this show with all my heart and I can’t wait to see the upcoming national tour!
"

Holy sh---- you're back! <3 :) I always wondered what happened to WonderRobbie, whose reaction to the show was the reason I fell in love with it myself!

WonderRobbie Profile Photo
WonderRobbie
#557re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 7/11/19 at 11:16pm

HAHA I had to come back to see what was going on!

Geez, my last entry was a fun one, wasn't it? LOL

WR: "Jeff, are you going get this game when it comes out?" JB: "I wouldn't be able to write another musical..." ~NY ComicCon 2/8/09

[believe]

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#558re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 7/11/19 at 11:31pm

WonderRobbie said: "I miss this show with all my heart and I can’t wait to see the upcoming national tour!"

God, I really wish I could have seen this show on Broadway, but I'm very glad the tour is happening soon. My SO and I adore the movie and anything ELO/Jeff Lynne, so much so that we are seeing Lynne Saturday for his band's tour.

Pippin Profile Photo
Pippin
#559re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
Posted: 7/12/19 at 11:52am

God I loved this show. Still one of the funniest shows I’ve ever seen!!!

“Bitch......... you don’t know my life” 😂😂😂😂

"I'm an American, Damnit!!! And if it's three things I don't believe in, it's quitting and math."