pixeltracker

"Sunday in the Park" extension #4?- Page 2

"Sunday in the Park" extension #4?

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#25re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/16/08 at 6:37pm

So glad I found this thread. Last night I was signing on to Roundabout's website to possibly get a ticket for the 29th closing. It got funky and lead me to a page I hadn't seen before (and not since) and it listed the shows currently running and it listed SITPWG as January 25-August 31st. I logged in and haven't seen the page since. Wondering if it was loaded up in the event that it won something last night and then they would extend?

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#26re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/16/08 at 6:46pm

I thought that the song choice, considering their impending closing, was beautifully poignant and unbearably emotional (for me). I would give almost anything to see this show again, but I won't be able to.

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.

tomemiller
#27re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/16/08 at 8:33pm

Singingbackup, I, too, had come across the August 31st page a couple of weeks ago hoping that the show would extend but when I called Roundabout they confirmed that June 29th is the final performance. I had flown in from Florida on June 1st to see the show and that was the day that the closing notice was posted backstage.

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#28re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/16/08 at 11:23pm

Oh, bitch...

re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#29re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/16/08 at 11:26pm

Very sad it's closing. I would have loved to see it again. I was so moved just watching Daniel and Jenna last night on the Tony Awards.

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

LadyRosecoe
#30re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/16/08 at 11:32pm

Extension #7? I was hoping it would be a booking of three, four at the most...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#31re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/16/08 at 11:34pm

I am kind of mad I chose to see the first preview and not a performance where the production was stronger. I LOVED the show and the audience was unbelievable. But I wish I could see how they've grown. re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?

sparrman
#32re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:11pm

Up another percentage point this week (to 85.6%), and they're still closing. I don't get it...why not stay open as long as it's making money, and the theatre is still available?

Zeitoujo
#33re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:14pm

I wish this show would run longer. It was incredible and took my breath away!

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#34re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:14pm

LIMTED RUN!!! Don't you get that as close on a specific date. Sunday doesn't have longevity.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#35re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/23/08 at 11:38pm

We all know what limited run means. However, for a non profit and for something that is a limited run it is selling very well. It isn't over the top by any means for us to think that they would at least extend it again. Considering the fact that Studio 54 is going to be dark until the fall.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

LadyRosecoe
#36re: 'Sunday in the Park' extension #4?
Posted: 6/24/08 at 1:42am

Recall the fate of Assassins four years earlier. And that WON the Tony. Yesterday's performance was absolutely sold out which was spectacular to hear, but I don't think it would have a strong advance to let it reach Fall as much as I'd love for it to.