pixeltracker

What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?

coolkid11776
#1What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:30pm

Does anyone know what the cast of glory days is going to do next (aside from Chatter box tonight). I know that one guy was in Cry baby but he took a leave for 3 months to do Glory days. Is he going to go right back into cry baby now that glory days closed or is he going to wait his 3 months?

Also I don't think it was fair that they closed the show on opening night. It was a CHEAP show to run I don't understand what the harm would of been to let it run a couple of months or transfer to an off broadway theater. Is that still a possibly? I think it would work good at a place like New world stage.
I guess this means no OBCR?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

#2re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:35pm

Perhaps if it were your $2.5 Million squandered you'd feel differently.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#2re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:41pm

coolkid, wtf. HOW WAS IT NOT FAIR.

It was given a preview, an opening, and it didn't make enough money in that time that they felt it could keep it's head above water. leave it alone.

coolkid11776
#3re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:43pm

I just felt that they should of let it run up untill summer bc I felt that high school and college kids would like it.

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#4re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:46pm

I'm in college and those I know who saw it didn't like it

they couldn't afford to lose more money. If you want it back so bad - come upon a small fortune and fund it yourself. don't expect money back though.

MissAnneThrop Profile Photo
MissAnneThrop
#5re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 2:58pm

it never ceases to amaze me that posters forget this the operative word in the term show business is BUSINESS. I agree with shh282, come up with the money and you can keep a vanity production open as long as you want.

And I Am Always So Vitriolic

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#6re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 3:00pm

it never ceases to amaze me that posters forget this the operative word in the term show business is BUSINESS.

They do, but only the ones that are 15 and older.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

MissAnneThrop Profile Photo
MissAnneThrop
#7re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 3:01pm

blaxx: you are right, I forgot about that. what do you think the average age of the posters here are? Jeez, I wonder how many actually knew there was a broadway before RENT or WICKED or SPRING AWAKENING.

And I Am Always So Vitriolic

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#8re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 5:40pm

Presumably, Andrew Call will return to the Cry Baby ensemble.

EugLoven Profile Photo
EugLoven
#9re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 6:00pm

They'll be at Seth's Chatterbox tonight

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#10re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 7:28pm

According to the producers' press statement, the advance sales were pretty bad, and it's not like they were going to get any better with the poor reviews. I think they made the right decision.

coolkid11776
#12re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 8:29pm

I feel that they are very talented ppl with good voices. I wish them all well in the future and hope to see them on bway again soon (Hopefully for a longer time period).
Does anyone know if the interview ayt Seth's will show up on youtube or online anywhere bc I wanna watch it but wasn't able to make it into the city for it tonight.

Thanks

larry64
#13re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 8:53pm

They are all moving to Brooklyn together. They are settling into a nice loft space for their new reality show, "What's Next?"

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#14re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 10:01pm

I barely understand you sometimes, Coolkid.

How do we know what's next for the 4 of them? Andrew, yes, but none of the others. unless we have a relative or best friend posting on here....

and it's not about being FAIR or unfair. there are a lot of GOOD shows (not glory days) that have to close and sometimes it's not fair. it's a business, my dear.

I will say this once more Coolkid - they were planning on closing the show after Opening Night almost a WEEK ago. They were too far in the "hole", financially, and couldn't afford to try and limp through it. That's it.

coolkid11776
#15re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 10:20pm

So the cast knew the show was going to close b4 they performed on opening night?

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#16re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 10:22pm

yes coolkid- clearly when TooDarnHot said " they were planning on closing the show after Opening Night almost a WEEK ago. They were too far in the "hole"

they meant the cast members because they decide the fate of the show, not the one's who invested in it or created it.

musicalman2
#17re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/8/08 at 11:01pm

Actually, I do not believe that the cast knew. Eric Shaeffer knew because he was told so by the producers, who may have offered him either an opening night party or the funding for a week of shows. I know the publicists did not know, and at least one of the actors actually showed up for work the day the closure was announced and found out that way, because the producers had not the decency to call him. Very disturbing.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#18re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:25pm

I never said that the cast knew. I'm sure they closed the show on the SAME day that they posted the closing notice (which you can do).

they lost $2.5 million and the producers/investors were aware of this all happening, so they planned (at least a week in advance) to close on Opening Night so the insurance $$ (which wasn't too much) could kick in.

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#19re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:43pm

They are all going to star in a sequel of RENT, it's going to blow your mind coolkid BLOW YOUR MIND! The characters meet up 400 years in the future after they have all been frozen while they wait for a cure for AIDS, then they realize they have no marketable skills because they spent the 90's doing heroin and running around avoiding paying their RENT.

Angel comes back as a robot and gives everyone a chance to relive their youth. Then the characters realize they are all dead, and that RENT is over and that their Glory Days were misspent.

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

pndmnd
#20re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 12:45pm

Does this remind anyone else of the idea behind “The Producers”? A flop closing after one performance, and you can make money off it?

On a side note, the economy is pretty bad right now, and everything is more expensive. Audiences have to be more selective about what they put their money towards. If a show is hurting from the start, then it’s just going to keep losing money, as it's not even going to get good "word of mouth" publicity. I think it’s sad that this has happened, but really I just wonder how it could make it this far before they realized that audiences weren’t interested.

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#21re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 2:01pm

Except that, unlike The Producers, they're not making money off this. Whatever they get from the insurance will go to paying the actors, musicians, stagehands, rent for the theater, royalties for the authors, etc, but it will not come close to covering everything.

For this to be like The Producers, they would've had to have raised $5 million, spent half of that on the show and then taken the other half for themselves.

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#22re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 3:20pm

Well if they reopen the Gaiety in NYC they should gogo dance there and make someone happy. . .

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#23re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 3:22pm

I'd rather watch someone do a gogo dance naked, then have to sit through GLORY HOLES again.

rufussars Profile Photo
rufussars
#24re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 3:27pm

Perhaps the cast could picket outside the theatre. However, if they had any sense, and I will say that they did unfortunately seem like a talented ambitious bunch caught in a disaster, they dust themselves off, skip any mention of this show in their bio or resume, and head to auditions or graduate school.

...And so, there I was at the stage door for "Equus". The enthused avalanche of "Harry Potter" fans was literally pushing me into the barricades. As I was thrust face-first into Daniel Radcliffe's hat, I suddenly felt the thumb of a lanky gentleman behind me pressing firmly into my back. It was then that I realized that both of his hands had Playbills, and that both arms were outstretched in front of me...

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#25re: What's next for the cast of GLORY DAYS?
Posted: 5/9/08 at 3:28pm

I've worked with Jesse and though I didn't see the show I'm sure he will work again very soon. He picks up choreo faster than anyone I've ever seen, has a good solid voice and a cute face. Sadly, that's rarer than it should be.