pixeltracker

Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights

Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights

TRavers
#1Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 6:02pm

Highlights of the Alice Ripley/Emily Skinner concert at the Kennedy Center have been posted on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW44lF4PnTc

changinandhow Profile Photo
changinandhow
#2re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 6:23pm

Thank you so much for this!

Now... who has the entire thing and do they accept bribes.
Updated On: 5/27/08 at 06:23 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 6:23pm

Tell me about it. I've already grabbed it onto my computer. :)

I would pay SUCH good money for this on DVD. Seriously.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 5/27/08 at 06:23 PM

Chrysanthemum62001
#3re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 8:35pm

WOW! Thanks for posting that. And that, ladies and gentleman...is as good as it gets.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#4re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 8:51pm

they are both off notes for "sideshow" which is sad.

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#5re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 9:36pm

Aww, very good memories from the concert!

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

Ezra Profile Photo
Ezra
#6re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 9:53pm

Thank you for sharing this. I'm such a fan!

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#7re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 9:56pm

its really soryt of frightening how much Alice reminds me of Catherine O'hara in both appearence and demeanor.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#8re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 11:01pm

re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights

As I said already, I love it and would totally pay good money for the whole thing.

But my roommate and I lost it when we watched it and really looked at this bit...and read it with a short i sound. They live! :)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#9re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 11:05pm

lol jordan

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#10re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 11:07pm

I missed the writing the first time. LOL. Too psyched to go back and watch it again!

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Chrysanthemum62001
#11re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 11:10pm

Okay, I am just gonna bring this up cause it is always eating away at me...

I got a lot of what I got...and I tend to flaunt it. I don't think very baggy clothes are all that flattering. And as drop dead gorgeous as I think Emily is, I don't care for that big purple shirt she is wearing. It does absolutely nothing for her, and that lady is a knockout. I like the green top she wears with the black thing over it, I think it is much more figure flattering. This woman is one of the sexiest and most talented ladies alive and just because she is a different size than most Broadway ladies, it doesn't mean she has to dress frumpy. Anyone see what she was wearing in the Actors fund concert of Whorehouse? MUY CALIENTE!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL
Updated On: 5/27/08 at 11:10 PM

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#12re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 11:13pm

She did make fun of the purple tent at the beginning of the concert... Explaining how to tell the difference. "Emily's the big blonde...who's dressed like a grape." But I definitely agree. I love her to death, but she missed the "baggy does not make you look smaller" derssing lesson obviously.

She did say in a recent podcast when talking about the upcoming Feinstein's gigs that her boyfriend told her she needs to "sex it up" a little, and she said she is going to do that... I'll report in after the concert (when I can type coherently).

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!
Updated On: 5/27/08 at 11:13 PM

Myfavmeatpie Profile Photo
Myfavmeatpie
#13re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 11:16pm

poor Alice has none of her former power belt high notes left...she didn't have them at town hall either. i still love them both

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#14re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/27/08 at 11:38pm

I wish they had included part of "You Have To Be There"... Alice sang the hell out of that. I think the whole thing with "I Will Never Leave You" is the emotionality of it ~ they had a whole "you can't cry" discussion before starting it.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#15re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/28/08 at 9:11pm

I don't think you can tell the quality of Alice's power belt from these particular clips. It was still there at the concert (as well as in the performances I saw of N2N).

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

bwaymizfit2
#16re: Ripley & Skinner Kennedy Center Highlights
Posted: 5/28/08 at 9:40pm

I still love SRS to death, but one need only watch that clip of "Poor Unfortunate Souls" to see that Emily Skinner would be the most fabulous Ursula EVER.

Videos