easiest student rush?

Act0r721 Profile Photo
Act0r721
#1easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 1:23pm

i'll be making it to broadway around 6 PM tonight. any idea of what show may still have student rush tickets available? thanks!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 1:28pm

Sunday In The Park With George doesn't even start their student rush (whatever's left at 50% off the regular price) until 30 minutes before showtime. But they may well still have some of their $26.25 general rush tickets left. It's worth a check.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#2re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 1:28pm

A Catered Affair had front row center around 6 a couple of weeks ago, ditto Little Mermaid last week. I would imagine Cry-Baby would have rush seats as well, as according to talkinbroadway.com, their tickets don't go on sale until 6. Also, the way A Chorus Line has been selling, I would think rush tickets would be easy to get, but I can't say for sure.

39 Steps rush tickets don't go on sale until 6, and some other plays might be easy to get as well.

ETA: Roundabout's productions like Sunday and Les Liasons are probably fairly easy to get as well.

Good luck and enjoy!

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli
Updated On: 6/6/08 at 01:28 PM

Zeitoujo
#3re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 1:31pm

Gypsy is pretty easy as is SA now.

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 1:34pm

I think the rush for The Little Mermaid is only Tues-Thurs. Unless it's changed.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

wickedrentq
#5re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 1:36pm

It did, I rushed a Friday night, though it was $30, as their general prices for Fridays and weekends are higher.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

Zeitoujo
#6re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 1:38pm

wickedrent-where did you sit with rush

"Those You've Known And Lost Still Walk Behind You"-Spring Awakening

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#7re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 1:44pm

Oh, ok. Thanks wickedrentq.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

wickedrentq
#8re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 1:50pm

Front row center. One week with A Catered Affair, next week with The Little Mermaid. I've been having nice luck with rushes (and as I mentioned, didn't get to either till around 6PM)

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#9re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 2:02pm

You might try Passing Strange as well. Each time Ive done the rush it's been after a lotto and a little less than two hours before the show. The last time I got second row center seats!

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#10re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 2:07pm

Catered Affair

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#11re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 4:15pm

It did, I rushed a Friday night, though it was $30, as their general prices for Fridays and weekends are higher.

The price of the rush tickets must have gone up in general for Mermaid rush because they were $30 last night when I rushed. Although $30 for front row center is completely worth it.

Act0r721 Profile Photo
Act0r721
#12re: easiest student rush?
Posted: 6/6/08 at 4:29pm

What is Xanadu like?

And how is "Cry-Baby"? Reviews were looking bad, anyone want to vouch for it? Haha.

I am thinking "Gypsy" tonight, although if for any reason Patti was out - what would be the point?

Videos