pixeltracker

Young Frankenstein 6/13/08 Review- Page 2

Young Frankenstein 6/13/08 Review

cantstandbrody
#25re: Young Frankenstein 6/13/08 Review
Posted: 6/14/08 at 3:13pm

It is a great show . Tonys are a popularity contest and will give it to the shows that need the most .. Libben(he got in as many ears as possible) is behind some of the disdain for Mel Brooks . Although Mel helped with his ego ! It my not be the best musical of the year BUT FOR IT NOT TO BE NOMINATED JUST PROVES THE POINT !!!

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#26re: Young Frankenstein 6/13/08 Review
Posted: 6/14/08 at 3:56pm

I enjoyed the show very much too, although I was bummed about Megan Mullally being out (Heather Ayers did a great job though). I loved everyone else in the cast too, Christopher Fitzgerald is a stand-out. The effects and sets are spectacular, I like the dancing, and yes it's hilarious. Not the best show, but tons of fun and a great experience.
Updated On: 6/14/08 at 03:56 PM

Broadway212 Profile Photo
Broadway212
#27re: Young Frankenstein 6/13/08 Review
Posted: 6/14/08 at 4:11pm

With a lot of critics who dislike Young Frankenstein. Does that hurt the chances of Christopher Fitzgerald and Andrea Martin winning the Tony. Or will there be a shock in the Tony voting where they actually can win. I hope so they really deserve to win.

FranklinShepard-Inc.
#28re: Young Frankenstein 6/13/08 Review
Posted: 6/14/08 at 5:28pm

Cross my fingers for Chris.

And I loved it as well, but Chris Fitzgerald is doing magic by himself. He'd absolutely deserve to win.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#29re: Young Frankenstein 6/13/08 Review
Posted: 6/14/08 at 5:33pm

I loved this show so much. It was my first Broadway show ever. I saw it during its last week of previews. my first time to new york and I fell in love with it. I followed it way back since the conceptualization since last January (2007) and I was really amazed by it. I think it defenitely got overlooked. But thats okay, the Tonys don't mean everything. They boost ticket sales for shows. But a commercialized name like YF doesn't need a tony win to sell seats. as for seing it 12 times....i don't know maybe 12 times over the course of 5 years. But i would definitely see it again in a heartbeat.

Broadway212 Profile Photo
Broadway212
#30re: Young Frankenstein 6/13/08 Review
Posted: 6/14/08 at 5:46pm

I saw it 12 times from Jan - June so I saw it twice a month. I plan on seeing it much more It is a brilliant show.

broadwayrob
#31re: Young Frankenstein 6/13/08 Review
Posted: 6/14/08 at 5:55pm

No, you're right. The Tonys are practically meaningless. That's why so many shows that were in the running for a Tony often close shortly after.

I'll agree they're not everything, but to take anything away from the power that winning a Tony CAN bring is just not being realistic.

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#32re: Young Frankenstein 6/13/08 Review
Posted: 6/14/08 at 6:32pm

I saw it once and will not go back.
It was rarely funny, and the music wasn't that good.

12 times is ridiculous for this show.
It was not good.

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#33re: Young Frankenstein 6/13/08 Review
Posted: 6/14/08 at 9:27pm

One that wont be touring, i guess!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'