In the Heigh...sing Strange

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#1In the Heigh...sing Strange
Posted: 6/16/08 at 11:59pm

is it just me, or did I hear Whoopi call Passing Strange this when she was giving out the award for Best New Musical?

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#2re: In the Heigh...sing Strange
Posted: 6/17/08 at 12:05am

I definitely heard it too and thought I was going a little crazy.

oh whoopi...

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#2re: In the Heigh...sing Strange
Posted: 6/17/08 at 2:09am

I heard it too!

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

memphreblues
#3re: In the Heigh...sing Strange
Posted: 6/17/08 at 2:57am

I definitely heard it. I thought it had something to do with the order being reversed. Every other time the nominees were mentioned, I think it was in order of their performances.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#4re: In the Heigh...sing Strange
Posted: 6/17/08 at 11:09am

I also don't think she liked/saw Passing Strange, she called it Passing Normal. You can tell she was rooting for ITH

joe5 Profile Photo
joe5
#5re: In the Heigh...sing Strange
Posted: 6/17/08 at 11:29am

Whoppi, Saw and loved PS Chita. You can look back at PS performance on the View.

futurenala Profile Photo
futurenala
#6re: In the Heigh...sing Strange
Posted: 6/17/08 at 12:30pm

I did'nt notice it before but she did say it!

"Robin De Jesus has issues"~ JANET DACAL "Yeah, and that's putting it lightly"~ ANDREA BURNS "If you watched CBS on June 15th , I was nominated for a Tony... And I was in Camp"~ ROBIN DE JESUS "...but I ^&#$@*% made you believe I was Italian!"~MATTHEW MORRISON http://legallybrownonbroadway.com/

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#7re: In the Heigh...sing Strange
Posted: 6/17/08 at 2:32pm

I also don't think she liked/saw Passing Strange, she called it Passing Normal. You can tell she was rooting for ITH

Was this before or after she called it her favourite musical of the season? You really are drunk!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#8re: In the Heigh...sing Strange
Posted: 6/17/08 at 2:53pm

"I also don't think she liked/saw Passing Strange, she called it Passing Normal. You can tell she was rooting for ITH

Was this before or after she called it her favourite musical of the season? You really are drunk! "

I'm sorry I don't watch the View. I didn't know. And the Username is from In The Heights, I'm not Drunk

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#9re: In the Heigh...sing Strange
Posted: 6/17/08 at 2:55pm

Yep... she did

Videos