Xanadu Seating

mormonophobic Profile Photo
mormonophobic
#1Xanadu Seating
Posted: 7/17/08 at 1:24am

How bad are Mezz seats for Xanadu? This will be my first time ever seeing the show and it's for Cheyenne's first day back/Whoopi's first day. As it is, I have Onstage for the next day matinee but I've read that you can't see everything clearly and so wanted to get audience seats beforehand. Is it even worth it if they are Mezz? As of right now I am being offered this:
1 Ticket, Left Mezzanine Row A, Seat 1
First row LEFT MEZZANINE. Seat 1 is on aisle.
Is that good? thank you for all your help!! Xanadu Seating

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#2re: Xanadu Seating
Posted: 7/17/08 at 9:36am

If you want an overall view of the show, Mezz is great. That's where I sat the first time. I much prefer on stage and don't think you miss THAT much, but mezz is fine. And row A is front row mezz. The Hayes isn't that big. :)

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: Xanadu Seating
Posted: 7/17/08 at 10:31am

The Hayes is a tiny theater. The mezz hangs closer to the stage. Plus you are in the front row of the mezz.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Blackcabbytabby
#3re: Xanadu Seating
Posted: 7/17/08 at 10:42am

How come when I search for seats in Oct 2008 (and even Jan 2009!!) the first available row for seats is centre ocrhestra B (which I am told is 4 rows back) I am pretty sure the first 3 rows did not sell out within a couple days (since Oct-Jan was JUST added). Are these done by rush? Please help.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#4re: Xanadu Seating
Posted: 7/17/08 at 10:53am

Premium seating or house seats? I don't know. Given how sporadic their rush policy is, I highly doubt they're holding seats for rush.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5re: Xanadu Seating
Posted: 7/17/08 at 10:58am

Um, it is the FOURTH row. Not bad seats at all. They don't always sell tickets in order of row. They could have reserved rows for premium price.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Blackcabbytabby
#6re: Xanadu Seating
Posted: 7/17/08 at 9:49pm

opps I just bought on-stage seating! I am very excited :) Anyway a few questions - what song is it in which we are required to get up and wave the glowstick around? Is it "XANADU"?

Also - what is the playbill for XANADU now? You know that new poster they recently put out - is that the new playbill or is it still the old one?

Thanks yall are so helpful! I AM READY TO DO THE DU!

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#7re: Xanadu Seating
Posted: 7/17/08 at 9:55pm

Yes, the title song is when you wave the glowsticks around. Cast members go to each section on stage and tell you to start breaking them and dance.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#8re: Xanadu Seating
Posted: 7/17/08 at 10:46pm

Actually, in Row B in the center section, if you have the two seats all the way to the left, it COULD count as front row. You have the stairs on which a lot of stuff happens directly in front of you, with no obstructions.

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise

Videos