pixeltracker

USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article

USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#2re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/21/08 at 10:47pm

Ugh, why aren't people more careful? First the clip, now this. I mean, I knew she won from everything everyone was saying, but still.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

ko74612 Profile Photo
ko74612
#2re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/21/08 at 11:29pm

This article is irritating. Bailey Hanks is foolish if she thinks she was choosen for any reason other than the fact that she looks just like Laura Bell Bundy. They weren't looking for orginality, it was typecast from the start. Enter: The American Idol Syndrome.

She says her "2nd dream role" is Glinda, because she's blonde bubbly and short and she can relate. Oh sweet jesus.

Any actor worth their salt will tell you that they work hard to embody their character and in no way is it easier because you look or act like the character would.

Look for the layers Ms. Hanks. Regard the show as a work of art and treat it as such. Legally Blonde or not it deserves a geniune preformance and right now I'm not sure you understand enough to give one.

Why do we follow leaders who never lead?
Why does it take catastrophe to start a revolution?
Tick Tick BOOM

SporkGoddess
#3re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/21/08 at 11:35pm

You're sounding a little like sour grapes right now... Bailey wasn't my first choice either, but jeez.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

ko74612 Profile Photo
ko74612
#4re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 12:01am

you're right, but give me tonight to act like a child and it'll stop tomorrow I swear. :)

I will say that my opinion is based off of what was shown on the show. Not exactly the best showcase of abilities. Jerry Mitchell has been working with Ms. Hanks for several months and she's been studying voice with Joan Lader. Obviously there was potential and if anyone can harness it'll be these two.

Tick Tick BOOM

SporkGoddess
#5re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 12:04am

Fair enough. re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#6re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 12:18am

Any actor worth their salt will tell you that they work hard to embody their character and in no way is it easier because you look or act like the character would.

So you mean it's *not* all about dying your hair red causing you to "know how it feels" to be Annie? re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article

ko74612 Profile Photo
ko74612
#7re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 12:32am

LOL!

I really want to play Elphaba someday so I whenever I'm going out I wear a cape and carry a broom with me.

It helps because I know how Elphaba feels when people stare at her.

Tick Tick BOOM

foggymorning
#8re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 12:37am

ko, don't apologize. I don't think you were wrong in ANY WAY AT ALL. In fact, I one hundred percent agree with your first statement and think I couldn't have said it better myself, and to be honest, I didn't really like any of the contestants...it's an opinion and I agree with it. He/She in no way was unreasonable or name-called Bailey or anything of the sort. His/her (?) first post was completely valid.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#9re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 12:53am

Has anyone paused to think that Bailey won months ago and has had the past few months to train for the show?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

SporkGoddess
#10re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 12:56am

foggymorning: Bailey could have said the most insightful, amazing comment ever and people would still attack her. Bailey also looks very little like LBB; Lauren most resembled her.

I thought the Galinda remark was cute, personally.

FranzRelax
#11re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:01am

she's been studying voice with Joan Lader.

- WOW. Really? She is working LuPone's vocal teacher.

We serve their food, We carve their meat, We tend to their house, We polish their Silverware.

ko74612 Profile Photo
ko74612
#12re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:05am

SporkGoddess: You are right, Bailey won and the Autumn fans are unhappy. Had Autumn won the Bailey fans would have been unhappy. Its bound to happen. They are both talented just "differently".

B3TA07: I absolutely agree. Bailey has been working with some of the best and I'm sure she's nothing less than prepared for tommorow night.

Foggymorning: Thanks for the support. :) I think SporkGoddess was reacting to my multiple posts where I was more or less berating Bailey. Eh. It happens. what can I say? lol I might be a touch bitter? :)

Tick Tick BOOM

SporkGoddess
#13re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:23am

Like I said, I understand. My girl Lauren didn't win, either. And she was booted before Rhiannon, who was a terrible singer!

foggymorning
#14re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 1:32am

I still don't understand how Lauren got booted before Rhiannon. Maybe because she looks like the spawn of LBB and Christian Borle helped her out? A familiar face is always nice. Who knows?

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#15re: USA Today jumps the gun and posts BLONDE winner's article
Posted: 7/22/08 at 9:14am

Yes, friends and neighbors, this total f**king HORROR is finally over. Shame on all of you for watching this corporate tripe.

ALL of you!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Videos