pixeltracker

How can this video be called a "grand finale performance" if it's from opening night?

How can this video be called a "grand finale performance" if it's from opening night?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1How can this video be called a "grand finale performance" if it's from opening night?
Posted: 8/13/08 at 10:06pm

Just sayin'. I realize it's the last in a series, but the headline is still misleading.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=31067

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#2re: How can this video be called a 'grand finale performance' if it's from opening night?
Posted: 8/13/08 at 10:19pm

If it's from Glory Days, then it makes sense.

ismellatony
#2re: How can this video be called a 'grand finale performance' if it's from
Posted: 8/14/08 at 10:05am

it's poorly worded, but I think they mean, Grand Finale video in their series of video from LA. But yeah...

fishergirl819 Profile Photo
fishergirl819
#3re: How can this video be called a 'grand finale performance' if it's from
Posted: 8/14/08 at 12:04pm

Maybe it's just me, but the video kind of looks a little like a bootleg...some shaky zooms, pretty bad whitewash...I dunno, I'm not saying its a BAD bootleg, lol, but just has some bootleg qualities.

p.s.
#4re: Actual Grand Finale Performance Finale Photo
Posted: 8/14/08 at 8:06pm

re: Actual Grand Finale Performance Finale Photo

August 10, 2008

p.s.

J. Mark McVey's Bring Him Home

Sorry. Tried four times. Both pictures showed for a while, then "x".

Updated On: 8/15/08 at 08:06 PM

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#5re: Actual Grand Finale Performance Finale Photo
Posted: 8/14/08 at 8:15pm

Does it actually mean the grand finale of the show itself? I think that's what they're going for here.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: Actual Grand Finale Performance Finale Photo
Posted: 8/14/08 at 8:58pm

"Does it actually mean the grand finale of the show itself? I think that's what they're going for here."

No, because they show clips from Master of the House and other songs in the middle of the show.

I think they meant "grand finale" as the final result of all the hard work of the cast...there has been a lot of buzz about it for a while.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Videos