Avenue Q Lotto

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#1Avenue Q Lotto
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:32am

Anyone tried the lotto lately? My cousin is in town and the three of us want to catch a matinee tomorrow and Avenue Q is at the top of our list. Problem is they only have lotto and I dont want to run the risk of losing and then we dont have tickets to anything... versus trying another show that may have Rush or Student Rush where we know we'll get tickets if we show up early.

But if Ave Q has died down considerably for the lotto id feel more confident... anyone try it recently?

TheatreFreak05 Profile Photo
TheatreFreak05
#2re: Avenue Q Lotto
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:42am

I haven't tried it, but they only sell 12 tickets in the Lottery. That is a VERY slim chance!

cubanpab Profile Photo
cubanpab
#2re: Avenue Q Lotto
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:50am

12 names right? but when i saw rent a few months back only like 15 people showed up. so almost everyone "won". is avenue Q just as dead?

HBBrock
#3re: Avenue Q Lotto
Posted: 8/23/08 at 3:09am

It took me three tries before I won the Avenue Q lotto. Around 60 people have been showing up.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#4re: Avenue Q Lotto
Posted: 8/23/08 at 5:48am

Summer is harder for the Avenue Q lotto. And, Rent's lotto has been filling up now that the closing date is getting closer and closer.

Last time I did lotto for Avenue Q, they offered Mezz tickets for 30 bucks to the people who lost.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Glory Profile Photo
Glory
#5re: Avenue Q Lotto
Posted: 8/23/08 at 6:27am

I won on my first try, but that was March 2 years ago. I've heard it's harder in the summer though because a friend of mine tried in July and lost.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#6re: Avenue Q Lotto
Posted: 8/23/08 at 8:52am

I did the lottery last night and lost. I believe they picked six names, for a total of 12 tickets. There were maybe 25-30 people there.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#7re: Avenue Q Lotto
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:01pm

I did the lotto in the beginning of August. It was about to storm, but about 20-25 people still showed up, making it hard since there's only 6 winners. I usually have the worst luck, but I was the first named called. They didn't offer any discounts to the losers.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#8re: Avenue Q Lotto
Posted: 8/23/08 at 1:03pm

It's strange that they didn't. Last time I did it was in the middle of this summer when it was swarming with tourists. The show (as usual) was far from being sold out, so they gave cheap tickets in the mezz.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

dl032656 Profile Photo
dl032656
#9re: Avenue Q Lotto
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:40pm

number between 20-50 depend on days. one weekday is like 60+.
they have some discount offer 41$ for orch code AQPBX75 during 9/2-9/14 you can buy tkts for 50% off. the theatre is small you can see from back

Videos