pixeltracker

How is the "Jekyll & Hyde" movie coming along?

How is the "Jekyll & Hyde" movie coming along?

defyingravity23 Profile Photo
defyingravity23
#1How is the "Jekyll & Hyde" movie coming along?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:14pm

It is supposed to come out next year but we have heard nothing of it.

Hey Mods how about unbanning my old account (Defyingravity07). Which was supposed to be freed on August 18th here we are August 21st and it is still blocked.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: How is the 'Jekyll & Hyde' movie coming along?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:25pm

Well, with all this talk of human rights violations these days...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

defyingravity23
#2re: How is the 'Jekyll & Hyde' movie coming along?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 2:29pm

Um.... what?

Hey Mods how about unbanning my old account (Defyingravity07). Which was supposed to be freed on August 18th here we are August 21st and it is still blocked.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#3re: How is the 'Jekyll & Hyde' movie coming along?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 4:10pm

The Jekyll movie is pushed back to 2010 (-ish). The Hatchery is the production company responsible for several things in the film including the screenplay I believe, and on their website (google it) they have a section towards the movie, but not much. Unfortunately, it alsmot appears that they are waiting so that names like Linda Eder (obviously), Kate Shindle & Coleen Sexton, Anthony Warlow can't do it because of age. Brandi Burkhardt is another story...she may actually be involved (she is Frank's-to-be-wife) although can't confirm this at all. If you listen/have the Jekyll & HYDE: Ressurection CD you will find a lot of the orchestrations were changed, and the concert tour was to stir up interest in both the US/international (aka Japan/Korea I believe) as well as hopefully gain some producers for the film too. The hope was indeed that the new orchestrations + song (Emma's new supposed what would be First Act solo If You Only Knew) would be placed in the film, and sell better with the more rock-oriented themes and try to skip out on a huge name in either of the title roles (which was at first expected to be split, but thankgod it doesn't look like they will anymore) or Lucy.

So the movie has made some progress but it's like Sunset BLVD. They make very little progress and keep pushing back the release date. Unfortunately, Frank ( & Leslie) are highly involved with other projects [internationally], including one together which is debut in Spain this upcoming Spring. Also, with all the Sweeney Todd buzz (dieing out now), they probably also intended to wait so people wouldn't compare/producers didn't want to compete for attention of the two starring roles of S.T.

defyingravity23
#4re: How is the 'Jekyll & Hyde' movie coming along?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 4:20pm

Oh, I hope it doesn't take too long.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#5re: How is the 'Jekyll & Hyde' movie coming along?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 4:25pm

You know way too much about that.

COOOOLkid
#6re: How is the 'Jekyll & Hyde' movie coming along?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 4:57pm

Can't they just un-musicalize it and retain the same characters? It'd work much better (financially & critically) in my opinion.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#7re: How is the 'Jekyll & Hyde' movie coming along?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 5:39pm

Oh, I'm certain if they make a film, Brandi Burkhardt will be Emma, seeing as how she's the composer's new chicky.

Also, seeing as how Linda Eder is the ex (and beyond that, too old at this point), I doubt she'd have anything to do with this, and probably wants nothing to do with it. Updated On: 8/23/08 at 05:39 PM

Huey's Pop Profile Photo
Huey's Pop
#8re: How is the 'Jekyll & Hyde' movie coming along?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 7:46pm

.....and how many different versions of the soundtrack will there be? (We all know how Frank Wildhorn likes to keep "tinkering" with the music long after the project is locked into place.)

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#9re: How is the 'Jekyll & Hyde' movie coming along?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 8:03pm

In regards to what AdamGreer said, I'd bet Brandi would be in, and she has a somewhat name out there with the soap/TV crowd, so they'd probably approve of it. And you're also pretty right about Linda Eder, but that doesn't mean that Jekkies would have a calling out for Linda. LOL They claim they're (Linda + Frank) are friends, but the chances of you seeing Linda sing anything Wildhorn (minus Gold, A New Life & Storybook, two of which were titles of her albums regardless) are so slim now, and it looks like Linda has NO connection left to Camille Claudel. In fact, I believe when (& a huge IF) Camille ever makes it, it will be Brandi, seeing as I have seen her singing Gold a few times (not as good as Linda's, but still good) and I think she can be heard on a partial demo (just Gold).

And as to COOOOLkid, probably because it's literally Frank's characters with Leslie's words from my understanding (well obviously a combination), and those two (AKA Leslie) has generally really only done musicals (Charlie & the Chocolate Factory from 1971 is his). Also, there are plenty of Jekyll non-musical movies, and as much as these are my favourite version of characters, the one version is slightly similar with the role of Jekyll's fianace.

And there will never be too many Jekyll & HYDE recordings. There all, generally speaking, very different. Lots of strange orderings of the songs, some new orchestrational parts here and there, and I think that's why there's so many. And Other than the 2004 rock-tuning of it, the musical pieces have pretty much stayed in tack since the 1997 Broadway version.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#10re: How is the 'Jekyll & Hyde' movie coming along?
Posted: 8/23/08 at 8:10pm

A movie version could work--but only if it's done by a very smart director, and if they get Hugh Jackman or someone to play the lead. Obviously they're going to have to have a box-office name do it, and it needs to be someone who actually has the chops!

Videos